• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Share how you use your screens

Here is what I am rocking for the second...

First Two are lockscreens
snap20100110_153327.png

snap20100110_153501.png

snap20100110_153210.png

snap20100110_153204.png

snap20100110_153201.png

snap20100110_153158.png

snap20100110_153212.png

snap20100110_153216.png

snap20100110_153233.png

No particular order but this works for me the best.

Upvote 0
If I had to guess I'd say he's using Lockbot Pro for those lock screens.

LockBot Pro v1.8.2 Application for Android | Entertainment

Possibly, but would be nice if Droidone would confirm that. I have seen some posts on Xda that lead me to think you can change by changing some files via root.

Droidone, can you confirm? Thanks. :D

How do you copy your screen in this forum? What steps are involved, thanks..

You need to get an app like shootme or picme from the market to take screenshots of your homepage. They only work if you are rooted. After you take pics you can post them from your phone to this forum. Its easiest if you use a photo hosting site like photobucket.

Upvote 0
Possibly, but would be nice if Droidone would confirm that. I have seen some posts on Xda that lead me to think you can change by changing some files via root.

Fairly certain Droidone's is using Lockbot Pro. I have it as well, and his looks like the Flan default lock screen with a custom background. I'm running the same one and love it. I like the sound mute option slider as well.

Here's what my new one looks like:

snap20100112_085640.png

Upvote 0
Fairly certain Droidone's is using Lockbot Pro. I have it as well, and his looks like the Flan default lock screen with a custom background. I'm running the same one and love it. I like the sound mute option slider as well.

Here's what my new one looks like:

snap20100112_085640.png

Thanks, you have any problems with it? Does it have any effect on the battery. Thought I had read some reviews where people that it sucked the battery or cause other problems.

Upvote 0
Thanks, you have any problems with it? Does it have any effect on the battery. Thought I had read some reviews where people that it sucked the battery or cause other problems.

Hmmm, good question. I was having poor battery life before I got it about 2 weeks ago, haven't noticed any difference. It actually has improved lately, but due to other changes.

I might try uninstalling it for a couple days and see if it improves.

Overall, though, I love it! I love the lock screen options, ease of customization, and best of all no more butt dialing! I didn't like doing the password unlock ontop of the regular slide unlock. With Lockbot, haven't accidentally unlocked my phone once yet.

I also like that you can do a full screen lock OR leave the taskbar unlocked so you can slide it down and check your notifications without unlocking the phone. Very handy for reading text messages or seeing or getting to your e-mails without unlocking the phone.

It also works well with Handcent's quick reply. Works just like the stock lock screen.

Upvote 0

You need to get an app like shootme or picme from the market to take screenshots of your homepage. They only work if you are rooted. After you take pics you can post them from your phone to this forum. Its easiest if you use a photo hosting site like photobucket.

that is one way but if your not rooted here is another way to do it ;)

Step 1: Enable USB Debugging

On your Android phone (in this case, the G1), go to Settings, then Applications, and then Development. Check the checkbox for "USB debugging."

Step 2: Download the Android SDK

Download the SDK for your platform here. Google also has some great installation documentation if you get lost. You will need to make sure you have a current copy of the JDK. To use the SDK, you also need to download an IDE like Eclipse. After installing Eclipse, you can install the Eclipse plugin to connect Android and the IDE together, or just do a lot of stuff via the command line.

Go ahead and plugin your Android handset into a USB port on your computer, if it is not plugged in already.

Step 3: Run DDMS

After configuring Eclipse or whatever IDE you use to work with Android, you need to open up the DDMS application from within the "tools" folder in the Android SDK's main folder.

After DDMS launches, select your handset from the menu on the left (it should be the only device listed). You might see an error message, but the debug tool should be loaded. Then, click CTRL-S on your keyboard. This will bring up the "Device Screen Capture" interface. From here, a static image is captured from what is appearing on your handset. You can save the image (nicely defaulted as PNG) and then refresh to your heart's content to grab updated or different screenshots from your phone.

That's it!

Upvote 0
lOCK sCREEN THEN LEFT TO RIGHT ACROSS 7 SCREENS.

Using Fresh 1.1, Clear Widget add-on, Lockbot Lock Screen, Background from "Backgrounds" app. Why are my screen shots so tiny???

Attachments

• lock.jpg
    lock.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 165
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 140
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 122
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 102
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 119
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 94
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 140
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 90
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones