• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Share with us Which Best Programs u using in your DHD ?

Batreky

Jan 17, 2011
Hello Everybody,

I was thinking to put this topic before and I have to put it now to see Which Best Programs u using in your DHD ?

With note Program name & How many hours your battery keep up .

I hope u guys post here to be know which is the best recommend programs needed that using law power battery

Reactions: springy
Basically these:

Green power free - turns off wifi/data while the screen is off and turns it on periodically, saves sooo much battery. A MUST have.
Facebook for Android - Because I use facebook, obviously.
Dolphin Browser - Fast, generally nicer than the stock browser. This or Dolphin Browser HD.
GO SMS - (only so swype keyboard puts autospace, it doesn't in the default sms app for some reason) Basically a nice SMS app with nice customisations available.
Swype - Keyboard that is fast, just drag finger along, in beta testing @ swypeinc.com
Chrome to Phone (with Fox to chrome for firefox) - Just press one button on your computer's web browser and it sends page/text/image/link to your phone using google account, choose how to open it on your phone too! really easy and handy.
imo instant messenger - lets me use msn/skype at same time.
Youtube - Duh. Videos.
SwitchPro Widget - Nice widget to change/enable/disable settings and stuff.
System Info widget - Displays battery, ram, etc.
Google Goggles - for showing off at the pub, of course!

Even using all of those quite a bit, I manage to get 24 hours + easily out of the battery. It's mainly thanks to the first app listed.

Reactions: Batreky
Upvote 0
Astro - Duh. file browser.
QuickPic -better picure gallery
Vplayer - all format video player (i watch anime with it) way better than rockplayer.
Perfect Viewer - it's a picture browser, manga (comic) reader, and wallpaper manager can set wallpapers with standart android crop and like normal phones (without cropping like on iphone "zoom and set") using only 1 screen(picture don't slide with screen)
Animated Gif Player - watching GIF's in ASTRO
Battery indicator - % of battery
Shopsavvy - QR and BAR codes
MKVSubExtractor - can extract subtitles from MKV vids and save them as SRT that Vplayer can play. (it's Anime thing)
Youtube and other standart apps.

i mainly use my phone for manga , anime and Internetz.

Upvote 0
Basically these:

Green power free - turns off wifi/data while the screen is off and turns it on periodically, saves sooo much battery. A MUST have.
Facebook for Android - Because I use facebook, obviously.
Dolphin Browser - Fast, generally nicer than the stock browser. This or Dolphin Browser HD.
GO SMS - (only so swype keyboard puts autospace, it doesn't in the default sms app for some reason) Basically a nice SMS app with nice customisations available.
Swype - Keyboard that is fast, just drag finger along, in beta testing @ swypeinc.com
Chrome to Phone (with Fox to chrome for firefox) - Just press one button on your computer's web browser and it sends page/text/image/link to your phone using google account, choose how to open it on your phone too! really easy and handy.
imo instant messenger - lets me use msn/skype at same time.
Youtube - Duh. Videos.
SwitchPro Widget - Nice widget to change/enable/disable settings and stuff.
System Info widget - Displays battery, ram, etc.
Google Goggles - for showing off at the pub, of course!

Even using all of those quite a bit, I manage to get 24 hours + easily out of the battery. It's mainly thanks to the first app listed.

HTC already gave u a lots of settings widgets to enable disables things like wifi bluetooth gps etc, you dont need an extra switch pro

Upvote 0
Some more

LIVESCORE
Excellent for Football Results

WINAMP
Better than stock music player

TUNE IN RADIO
Online Radio, loads of stations

BEYONDPOD
Best Podcast Player

ANGRY BIRDS
SLICE IT
WORD FUED
PAPER TOSS
FOOTY QUIZ
Some good games

winamp wont let u use the most anticipated feature of DHD which is Dolby and SRS effect...HTC music player is better with gr8 album cover flow and dolby srs effect

Upvote 0
winamp wont let u use the most anticipated feature of DHD which is Dolby and SRS effect...HTC music player is better with gr8 album cover flow and dolby srs effect

Winamp is a good player IMO, but better is power amp.

Anyway

Some good games;

scrambled net
Backgammon (free)
Ait control (lite)
Doodle jump

Some good apps

Titanium backup
Astro
Miren browser (v. good browser)
barcode scanner (or google goggles)

Others

Quadrant
OnOff widget pack (love these)

Upvote 0
Red Laser - great barcode app and ebay app
FootMob- best football scores app
Quickpedia - fast Wikipedia search
Google Reader - great for RSS feeds
Handcent - better than stock SMS
CamScanner - great for converting docments into PDFs with the camera. Surprisingly good results!!

Games:
Can Knockdown
Angry Birds (obviously!)
City Jump
iBasket
Football
Rugby (both from Pik Pok)
Throttle Copter - really simple helicopter flying game but really addictive
Sketch Online
Mega Jump
Connect4

Upvote 0
Astrid Task - My ToDo List manager
ASTRO - My File Manager
Documents To Go - View MS Office files
Dolphin Browser HD - My Fav Browser
Dropbox - Sync files between my computers
Easymoney - My Expense Manager
K-9Mail - Best EMail Client :D
Lookout Mobile Security - File Scanner
MyBackupPro - Online Backup Utility
NewsRob - Google feeds reader
OutofMilk - Shopping list ;)
Quick System Info Pro - Comprehensive info on CPU, RAM, Memory usage, Apps.....
RockPlayer - Video Player
Tapatalk - Forum App
Traffic Counter - Counts all traffic WiFi, 3G, SMS, Calls...
Trillian - My universal messenger including Facebook chat
Tweetcaster Pro - Twitter Client
Wi-Fi Explorer - Explore the contents of the phone using WiFi - Very cool app :)

Battery - Over 24 hours :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones