• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Share your epic spell-correct fails...

Fadelight

Android Expert
Oct 29, 2009
Mulberry, FL
Share your funny off the wall text spell-correct fails.

I'll go first...

a friend of mine sent me a text the other day trying to find out if I wanted to play call of duty with him when I got home from work. The text should've read "Wanna play? I got hella better." What I received, however, was "Wanna play. I hot. Hepatitis better."

Reactions: megaera
I don't remember exactly what I was trying to say, But I was stuck in traffic not to long ago, And I wanted to tell the people I was on my way to meet I was going to be late, So I used the voice option to text for the first time and said something like "Traffic is a complete standstill, running late".. And it somehow translated it into
"traffic is a stranger, Obama stinks" I remember reading it and laughing so hard and the people in the other lanes looking at me funny..

Upvote 0
I absolutely hate text to speech shorting what I say! If I say
"I'm going to be busy later, see you tonight though"

I get something like

"I'm going 2 b busy later, c u tonight though" It ticks me off.

I agree! I don't talk like a pre-teen, not even when I'm texting, and I hate that the Text to speech does that..

Totally with you on that one.

Upvote 0
I was talking to a friend on AIM, he was using his Droid with Swype and I mentioned how he was making a lot of errors and he said he preferred speed to accuracy, about 2 minutes later I get these IMs:

him: wow
him: I retract my statement
me: huh?
him: I just sent the im "playing with weenie" instead of playing with ernie...my cat

Even though it wasn't to me I laughed my ass off when he told me that. It helps that it was a response to his gf when she asked him what he was doing, lol.

Upvote 0
My epic auto correct fail actually occurred when I owned a Blackberry Storm. I was using the Suretype keyboard.
The setup:
I lost my job and found another one 300 miles away. I moved and left my wife and 2 kids at home until I could find us a place and we could sell our house. I hadn't seen my family in 2 weeks.
My wife sent me a text saying " I miss you"
I tried to send a simple reply:
" I miss you guys "

My Blackberry decided to send:
" I miss your tits "

Thanks Blackberry. Now you know why I own a Droid!

Upvote 0
My epic auto correct fail actually occurred when I owned a Blackberry Storm. I was using the Suretype keyboard.
The setup:
I lost my job and found another one 300 miles away. I moved and left my wife and 2 kids at home until I could find us a place and we could sell our house. I hadn't seen my family in 2 weeks.
My wife sent me a text saying " I miss you"
I tried to send a simple reply:
" I miss you guys "

My Blackberry decided to send:
" I miss your tits "

Thanks Blackberry. Now you know why I own a Droid!

Rofl that really made me laugh.

Upvote 0
My coworker friend wanted to try something from my droid to his I phone that I jailbroke for him and put it on TMobile network. He kept on hounding me send me a pic text send BEWARE BITCH and it went to my entire contact list. Even went to my Pastor you would not believe the amount of return text I got I'm still appologising for it

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones