• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Shift Work Schedule App Needed That Also Silences Phone

larrytxeast

Nov 3, 2011
I just got a job which involves shift work and would like an app where I can quickly enter my schedule into my smartphone. In the searching I've done here, what I've seen is "Quick Scheduler" (Quick Scheduler) and on my own I found "Shift Calender" by Little Fox Studio.

The latter seems to work okay but I figured I'd ask if there were others. Simple works fine for me, with one exception: I'd like it if it had a "profiles" for sounds aspect whereby it would silence the phone and the like during the period in question. The two apps I mentioned don't seem to do that. They do make profile schedulers for that, one of which I have, but those don't like to such a calendar, and would only work if my job was 8-5 all the time or the like (in which case I wouldn't need a schedule app to begin with).

Any suggestions?

If you're working at the same location all the time, you may want to look at apps that will silence your phone based on location. I'm sure there are quite a few apps that can do this, but Tasker, Llama, Locale and AutomateIt come to mind.

Otherwise, I think you're more likely to find something that works with Google Calendar, rather than provide something that provides its own scheduling mechanism.

I'm doing a combination of the above - when I stop driving (as detected by my Moto X), Tasker checks my calendar for an appointment titled "Dr ___" in the next 60 minutes, and if I'm within 1/2 mile of the appointment location, it silences the phone until I start driving again. A similar approach could be used with a work schedule on your Google Calendar.

Upvote 0
I used SOUND PROFILE by Corcanoe. I paid $3.90 for the PRO edition. It worked great, you can schedule numerous profiles. I had it set to turn all volumes off, text, email, etc except it kept my ringer on at 10pm. At 7am, all volumes turned by up. It did it automatically. You can set many schedules and also manually activate them. It gives you the option to change your background wallpaper with the change of each profile. A example is, if I hit VIBRATE ONLY, my background was orange. At night my wall paper was black. If it's in normal mode, then it converts back to your normal wall paper. I just recently got a Samsung GS 5 Sport and downloaded the app. The problem I have is I've paid for it once and it wants me to pay again for the PRO edition. It says that once you pay one time, you can switch phones, etc and not pay again. I just can't figure out how to do this and I'm not getting a reply from the developer????

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones