• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Shocking high VOIP latency on SG S3 LTE

waschbaer

Lurker
Dec 17, 2012
Hi,

I switched from iOS to Android and got a new Samsung Galaxy S3 4G with Android 4.1 on it. I am happy that I did the move but after I started using CSipSimple to make VOIP calls over the WIFI network I was shocked to notice a high latency in the audio. The person I was talking to got my answer with a large delay. I never experienced such a bad voip call quality on the iPhone so I was wondering if that is an Android problem. I read a few posts on the internet saying that Android has problems with audio latency on voip calls in general but I didn't know that it was sooooo bad. That renders the use of Android for voip basically useless in my opinion. Any ideas how I can improve that?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones