• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Sholes In Trouble?

I was interested in rooting and did so with the SM updater and then overclocked with setcpu. I was running 2.0.3 and everything was fine, I upgraded to 2.0.5 and now Im getting force closes. I want to go back to 2.0.3 but when I try to open the app on my Droid I get an error. If I dont kill the app I go into a loop of hard resets. I have no idea how to go back to 2.0.3 or to another ROM. Can anyone help? thanks

Try to boot into recovery and then install the 2.0.3 rom off your SD card.

Upvote 0
Makes my blood boil when I read a buncha pissy little brats crying "Whaa. I want my five bucks back!" over something like this. My first inclination is to say, "Getta job.", but that would be based on the assumption that Mommy & Daddy paid for your Droid, or you're just a real tightwad. In either case I don't much like you.

+1 and I am even a cheap bastard! I really hate the drama. I've had my Droid for 3 days and it is fine for me in its stock condition but I like to support development like this as I know VZW has the tendency to abandon its favored son when a new phone emerges and updates will be few and far between. It is always nice to have more options.

Best of luck to the Sholes team!

Upvote 0
Hey Guys,
The remaining members of what used to be the Sholes team now have their updater available for download on their site. Go to Droidmod.org on your phone and download the app for free. Mods I think this should be a closed thread. The team was never really in trouble persay and now their new site is up and functional.

Upvote 0
Keep the smupdater and setcpu and we'll all be smiling in no time. The 2.0.5 rom is so stable I have no worries. Don't panic Sholes just needed a commercial break along with station identification followed by a message from the emergecy broadcast station. After the static and reconfiguration of the signal I think you'll be pleased. STAY TUNED!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones