• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help ShootMe - Fascinate w/ 2.2 (unRooted)

Hey All-

Prior to the OTA update to Froyo, I was able to use ShootMe on my unrooted Fascinate for screenshots. Since the update, I now get a message stating I need to be rooted in order to use the app.

Is there a work-around to take screenshots (besides rooting), or is the use of this app. something which is now lost by updating?

I know I am able to connect my phone directly to my laptop and, take screenshots, but was hoping for a less cumbersome approach.

Thanks!

Hey All-

Prior to the OTA update to Froyo, I was able to use ShootMe on my unrooted Fascinate for screenshots. Since the update, I now get a message stating I need to be rooted in order to use the app.

Is there a work-around to take screenshots (besides rooting), or is the use of this app. something which is now lost by updating?

I know I am able to connect my phone directly to my laptop and, take screenshots, but was hoping for a less cumbersome approach.

Thanks!
Press and hold the "back" button and while the back button is pressed, press the "power" button. This will make a new folder called ScreenCapture in the gallery. It works great.

Reactions: The Saucier
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones