• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Should I backup on my internal or external storage card ?

miamiparis

Aug 24, 2011
I installed the app called "Super Backup" on my LG Esteem. And I have the choice to back up on my internal or external storage card.
In my last bad case, my phone was restarting endlessly and I had to do a factory reset. Does a factory reset delete everything on my internal storage card ? If yes, then I should backup on the external storage card.
Also, I read the specs of my LG esteem, it says "Memory: 5 GB". Does it mean that the memory is the internal storage card ?

Ideally, you should periodically backup to external storage, then remove that storage and put it somewhere safe - that way you don't lose all your info if your phone gets lost or stolen.

Assuming you won't do that - coz hardly anyone does - I would still suggest that if you only back up to one place, external is best as it's more likely to survive a dip in water - the most likely thing to kill your phone. Of course, external storage also has reliability issues, so backing up to both would be better. In fact, backing up to both and having a backup in a safe place.

Or just sync everything to the cloud.

The 5GB has to be the internal storage as the amount of external storage will change radically depending on the SD card you put in.

A factory reset will remove things like settings, contacts, calendar info, apps and the like, but it won't remove files - i.e. things like music (MP3s), photographs, documents (.doc, .pdf) etc.

Reactions: Granite1
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones