1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Should I backup on my internal or external storage card ?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by miamiparis, Jul 2, 2013.

1. miamiparis

miamiparis Member

I installed the app called "Super Backup" on my LG Esteem. And I have the choice to back up on my internal or external storage card.
    In my last bad case, my phone was restarting endlessly and I had to do a factory reset. Does a factory reset delete everything on my internal storage card ? If yes, then I should backup on the external storage card.
    Also, I read the specs of my LG esteem, it says "Memory: 5 GB". Does it mean that the memory is the internal storage card ?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. SiempreTuna

SiempreTuna Android Expert

Ideally, you should periodically backup to external storage, then remove that storage and put it somewhere safe - that way you don't lose all your info if your phone gets lost or stolen.

Assuming you won't do that - coz hardly anyone does - I would still suggest that if you only back up to one place, external is best as it's more likely to survive a dip in water - the most likely thing to kill your phone. Of course, external storage also has reliability issues, so backing up to both would be better. In fact, backing up to both and having a backup in a safe place.

Or just sync everything to the cloud.

The 5GB has to be the internal storage as the amount of external storage will change radically depending on the SD card you put in.

A factory reset will remove things like settings, contacts, calendar info, apps and the like, but it won't remove files - i.e. things like music (MP3s), photographs, documents (.doc, .pdf) etc.

Granite1 likes this.
  3. miamiparis

miamiparis Member

Thanks for the info, I will back up on the external card and send the backup files to gmail

4. horsecharles

horsecharles Android Expert

Just to piggyback on 'Tuna:
    sometimes the sdcard can die and/or sometimes we can be without internet--
    I like to also periodically back up to my laptop, whether manually or with a sync that both goes to the cloud and to computer...

LG Esteem Forum

The LG Esteem release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews