• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Should I be concerned?

Kg198202

Oct 7, 2011
Louisiana
I'm about to purchase this phone online for a friend. We noticed while browsing the pics listed of the device that the lock screen says Sprint. Upon browsing the other listings they all have virgin mobile on the lock screen. Should i be concerned that this isn't a virgin device etc?

Yes (You should be concerned).

Sounds like the pictures may be of more than one phone .. which might suggest there actually is no phone ..

It's possible it's above board, but personally I would give it a miss.

Thanks for responding to my post, I guess I'll try an contact the seller and let her know that I wont be purchasing it after all. I didnt know if maybe there was a way (or reason) that a virgin mobile device would say sprint on the lockscreen. The only reason I could think is if maybe they flashed the sprint software to the phone while trying to update it to jellybean...

Upvote 0
Thanks for responding to my post, I guess I'll try an contact the seller and let her know that I wont be purchasing it after all. I didnt know if maybe there was a way (or reason) that a virgin mobile device would say sprint on the lockscreen. The only reason I could think is if maybe they flashed the sprint software to the phone while trying to update it to jellybean...

My Virgin phone says Sprint. There are ROMs that do that and I figure that it's too much trouble to fix...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones