1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Should I be concerned?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Kg198202, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Kg198202

Kg198202 Well-Known Member

I'm about to purchase this phone online for a friend. We noticed while browsing the pics listed of the device that the lock screen says Sprint. Upon browsing the other listings they all have virgin mobile on the lock screen. Should i be concerned that this isn't a virgin device etc?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. SiempreTuna

SiempreTuna Android Expert

Yes (You should be concerned).

Sounds like the pictures may be of more than one phone .. which might suggest there actually is no phone ..

It's possible it's above board, but personally I would give it a miss.

3. Kg198202

Kg198202 Well-Known Member

Thanks for responding to my post, I guess I'll try an contact the seller and let her know that I wont be purchasing it after all. I didnt know if maybe there was a way (or reason) that a virgin mobile device would say sprint on the lockscreen. The only reason I could think is if maybe they flashed the sprint software to the phone while trying to update it to jellybean...

4. softtech

softtech Android Enthusiast

My Virgin phone says Sprint. There are ROMs that do that and I figure that it's too much trouble to fix...

5. rcarter10

rcarter10 Well-Known Member

Virgin mobile is owned by Sprint, it's all the same potato

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews