• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Should I buy Samsung Galaxy S 2 for very cheap price, or should I wait for the S3?

juanocarl

Lurker
Nov 20, 2011
On one hand, I have the choice of buying Galaxy S II - arguably the World's best smartphone EVER. I have a friend who wants to sell it to me for a very cheap price, since he has gotten one from his company/workplace.

on the other hand, I can wait 5-6 months for the SAMSUNG GALAXY S 3 - the worlds to-be best smartphone EVER....

I really love Samsung and the Galaxy S II has great design, great system, it's fast. Should I buy the SII for a cheap price or wait 5-6 months for the upcoming S III wich might be a quad-core smartphone?

Personally, I'd take the S2...Because you're getting more value for it than you'll ever get in buying the S3. You spend less and be basically future proof for the next year and a half. Dont be blinded by specs, because when the S3 comes out, so will the leaks for S4 or the next Nexus. Then you'll be drooling over that again and think of putting off again for another few months. If you need a new phone now (Your phone is too old, too slow to do the things you do now compared to last year), buy the best available to you NOW.

Upvote 0
Tough question: Personally I'm waiting on the Galaxy S3 but that's mainly because I can't afford (or rather I shouldn't afford) to pay full price for the SII right now, plus I'd prefer having a phone that's built with 4.0 in mind.

Other than that, I'd say get the SII because it's a very good deal and if you're not a gadget hoarder, then I'd expect it could fully last you for at least 18 months.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones