• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Should I trade my iPhone 4S for a Galaxy S3?

Kgor93

Aug 13, 2012
I was offered a trade for my iPhone 4S: my iPhone 4S 64GB, a morphie juice pack and an FM transmitter for a 16GB Galaxy S3 and an extended battery. Not sure if that's a good deal or not, considering the S3 is a generation newer.

I've been curious about Android for some time, mainly because its more open and I'm finding iOS is becoming a bit stale. The thing that is really pushing me towards it is the lack of the jailbreak for the iPhone 4S on iOS 6. I really want to jailbreak to enable tethering. Plus I like the larger screen on the S3.

My main caveat about this trade is that I want something as fast, if not faster than my 4S in UI. I'm not sure if the Galaxy S3 fits that bill. Does it? I know this is an Android Forum so there's going to be a lot of bias, but wanted to get your thoughts.

Tethering is enabled by default on all Android phones (depending on carrier issues).

Honestly, the only thing that should hold you back is if you consider how entrenched you are in the Apple ecosystem and how difficult it would be for you to move over. Also consider that if you have a lot of friends using iPhones, you may not get iMessage texts from them from time to time because they'll be using iMessage chat via data not credits.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones