• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Branchise

Lurker
Mar 6, 2011
Hey guys, this is my first post here. Anyway, I want my first smartphone, and I was thinking about getting the Atrix. I can't get the phone on AT&T because I live on Guam, so if I want it, I have to get it on ebay. That would cost me upwards of $500. I do have the money, but this is still a pretty decent investment. I love the daul core processor, but on the other hand, I know quad core phones should be hitting stores by the end of the year. I'm a hardcore gamer, and the thought of wat a quad core processor could do is amazing. Don't get me wrong, daul core is great, but theoretically the phone should be about twice as fast. So, the question is should I wait? Thanks in advance.

Hey guys, this is my first post here. Anyway, I want my first smartphone, and I was thinking about getting the Atrix. I can't get the phone on AT&T because I live on Guam, so if I want it, I have to get it on ebay. That would cost me upwards of $500. I do have the money, but this is still a pretty decent investment. I love the daul core processor, but on the other hand, I know quad core phones should be hitting stores by the end of the year. I'm a hardcore gamer, and the thought of wat a quad core processor could do is amazing. Don't get me wrong, daul core is great, but theoretically the phone should be about twice as fast. So, the question is should I wait? Thanks in advance.

Having used the Atrix since its release day, I have to say I don't know what I'd do with anymore processing speed than it already has.

Upvote 0
If a quad-core does come out by the end of the year and you want to upgrade, you can always sell the Atrix on ebay. Use that money towards your upgrade. Yes, you would lose a couple hundred dollars or so on all the transactions. However, you would have enjoyed the Atrix for that time as well. Just an option.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones