• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

show me your coolest widgets!

melissai_

Oct 8, 2010
www.behance.net
im interested in seeing some very sleek and unique widgets on your screens :) im in a funk with my current set up and could really use some inspiration and i know you guys are constantly changing your set ups so please share :)

particularly weather widgets. & if you wouldnt mind - in an effort to save on quoted posts - please share where one might find the widgets you're posting :)

snap20101228_150457.png

I work at UPS and we have to call in to get our starting times so I have that Desktop Visualizer widget direct dial my start times.

The clock is made with Minimalistic Text Widget and the weather is a skinned Weather Channel found on xda.developers.

Reactions: melissai_
Upvote 0
That's so cool!! I'm guessing you can only do that if you root?

No, I'm unrooted. All you need is launcher pro + or go launcher (I'm currently using go launcher for a nice change) you also need Desktop Visualizer and a picture or icon that you want to use. I then resized the widgets using go launcher.

The green text does nothing but give me a cool accent. I made that by using minimalistic text widgets custom layout feature.

Upvote 0
More fun with Desktop Visualizer and Minimalistic Text:
snap20101228_151238.png

They pull up contacts messaging like so:
snap20101228_151312.png

I've been trying to make my icons look like that, but can't do it for the life of me. I did download the minimalistic text app, as well as desktop visualizer, but I can't seem to integrate the two to make my icons look like text with the circles around them, like your's. Am I doing something wrong?

Upvote 0
I've been trying to make my icons look like that, but can't do it for the life of me. I did download the minimalistic text app, as well as desktop visualizer, but I can't seem to integrate the two to make my icons look like text with the circles around them, like your's. Am I doing something wrong?
The icons (circles with names in the center) are separate from Minimalistic Text. I made the icons in photoshop. You can also use contact pictures from your phone's camera, friends facebook or interent etc. Then your result would be more similar to the contact cloud posted above.
The only thin I have Minimalistic Text doing on those pictures is what you see in green text. Its simply a cool accent that carries through with my other homescreens and theme.

Reactions: llescaflownell
Upvote 0
The icons (circles with names in the center) are separate from Minimalistic Text. I made the icons in photoshop. You can also use contact pictures from your phone's camera, friends facebook or interent etc. Then your result would be more similar to the contact cloud posted above.
The only thin I have Minimalistic Text doing on those pictures is what you see in green text. Its simply a cool accent that carries through with my other homescreens and theme.

Ah, I see. Thank you for the quick response! Saved me a whole lot of time and headache lol :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones