• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I'm having a similar problem with my six month old Motorola Droid. I love my phone, and have found battery usage to be fine. I use the web access but don't play games or run a lot of apps. I plug the phone into the wall charger most nights, but generally get through the next day okay if I forget.

Recently, and with increasing frequency, I pick up the Droid during the day and find it turned off. The power button will not turn the phone back on. If I remove the battery, wait a moment and put it back in, the phone powers back up, and shows that the battery has plenty of charge left.

I actually had a similar problem with my Motorola Razor, which was an early model. I scoured the contacts and replaced the battery on that phone, and had some improvement.

Anybody know what's going on with the Droid, and how to handle it?
Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones