• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Signal Randonly shuts off

There are a few threads about this already, but yes, it's definitely a problem. I'm currently dealing with Verizon to come up with a solution, but nothing so far. I think because the phone is "so new" they dont have a huge bug list/fix list for it yet. At this point I'm holding out for the droid bionic to come out and probably going to see if they can switch me to that phone instead of this buggy crap. I've already had them swap phones out and I've still got the same problem, so it's an issue with the firmware/hardware/software on the actual phone itself.

Upvote 0
Wow this really sucks!! Exactly the same thing that is happening to me and my Thunderbolt!!!! I JUST got them to agree to send me a charge instead of another Thunderbolt. Why would they do that if they know I'm going to have the same problem? This is obviously a network issue. Could they be aware and just aren't taking responsibilty? Wow I was excited until I read this thread, I was really looking forward to that problem going away

Upvote 0
This has been talked about a lot over on the verizon forums for the charge.

A verizon rep has said that this issue has been brought up to Samsung and that they are working hard on a fix for it.

Patience, I suppose, is what is needed now...

Would you mind posting a link to that? I've got tickets with VZW over this, and phone call reception/quality issues and I'd like to be able to point them to things like that.
I've been dealing with the issues since the phone came out, but I'm ready to throw it through the wall atm. I cant wait for them to come out with a good LTE phone. I'm hoping the Droid Bionic will be good. Motorola typically produces some good handsets from my personal experience. Maybe if they dont fix the issues they'll swap me to that (and hopefully it doesnt have the same issues) lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones