1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Signal Randonly shuts off

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Captainflowers91, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Captainflowers91

None

Sep 15, 2010
    Pretty basic problem. My Droid Charge will randomly lose signal, indicating that it has 3G but no bars. This occurs with or without 4G turned on. The only way to fix it is through a reboot although it will sometimes fix itself. Has anybody else experienced this?

Advertisement

2. mrjwen

mrjwen Newbie
    None

Jun 17, 2011
    IT Consultant
    New York, NY
    I had a problem where I would have full 1x bars but couldn't get 3G or 4G in an area that I knew had perfect 4G coverage. Went into the Verizon store and they said to remove the battery and the SIM card wait a couple seconds and put them back in. I haven't had a problem since. Try removing your SIM card and see if that helps any.

3. Mikey P

Mikey P Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 22, 2010
    SALES
    GOOSE CREEK, SC
    Yeah, mine will have full bars 3g and then suddenly drop 3g but still have full bars. It'll stay like that for about a minute and then 3g comes back on. I have also experienced the 1x thing. Haven't found a fix yet, sorry

4. executor485

executor485 Well-Known Member
    None

May 16, 2011
    Behind joo
    There are a few threads about this already, but yes, it's definitely a problem. I'm currently dealing with Verizon to come up with a solution, but nothing so far. I think because the phone is "so new" they dont have a huge bug list/fix list for it yet. At this point I'm holding out for the droid bionic to come out and probably going to see if they can switch me to that phone instead of this buggy crap. I've already had them swap phones out and I've still got the same problem, so it's an issue with the firmware/hardware/software on the actual phone itself.

5. treb1797

treb1797 Android Expert

May 22, 2011
    Tennessee
    Yes this becoming very annoying. I bought my Charge a couple days after its release and this seems to be happening more & more everyday. Starting to get a little frustrated w/ this. This is the only real complaint I have about this phone up to this point. Please Big Red lets get this fixed !!!

6. Captainflowers91

None

Sep 15, 2010
    Dang...Oh well at least its not an uncommon problem. Thanks anyway

7. dirge

dirge Newbie
    None

Jul 5, 2011
    This has been talked about a lot over on the verizon forums for the charge.

A verizon rep has said that this issue has been brought up to Samsung and that they are working hard on a fix for it.

Patience, I suppose, is what is needed now...

8. Captainflowers91

None

Sep 15, 2010
    Fair enough. Beats my Thunderbolt randomly rebooting, most of the time when I as tryin to use the phone. Still, an ETA would be nice

9. juanito157

juanito157 Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 9, 2009
    Currently Unemployed ;(
    Chi-Town
    Wow this really sucks!! Exactly the same thing that is happening to me and my Thunderbolt!!!! I JUST got them to agree to send me a charge instead of another Thunderbolt. Why would they do that if they know I'm going to have the same problem? This is obviously a network issue. Could they be aware and just aren't taking responsibilty? Wow I was excited until I read this thread, I was really looking forward to that problem going away

10. executor485

executor485 Well-Known Member
    None

May 16, 2011
    Behind joo
    Would you mind posting a link to that? I've got tickets with VZW over this, and phone call reception/quality issues and I'd like to be able to point them to things like that.
    I've been dealing with the issues since the phone came out, but I'm ready to throw it through the wall atm. I cant wait for them to come out with a good LTE phone. I'm hoping the Droid Bionic will be good. Motorola typically produces some good handsets from my personal experience. Maybe if they dont fix the issues they'll swap me to that (and hopefully it doesnt have the same issues) lol