1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

General Signal strength with htc 2nd 2.1 leak

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Android noob, Apr 15, 2010.

1. Android noob

Android noob Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2010
    I upgraded to the second 2.1 leak for the eris and my usually always shows that I have one or two bars of signal strength but when I go to about phone it shows that i have -89db signal strength, is that good and is there just something wong with the bar signal indicator or is that a bad signal and if so how can I increase my signal? I already tried using the *228 number thing to update my prl but that didn't help. Before the leak i would have three or for bars

Advertisement

2. lgldrgdlr

lgldrgdlr Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    Burbs of Chicago
    many, many, many comments floating around here concerning this. there is some sort of glitch in the leak. -89db is fine. as long as you get calls/can make calls, don't worry about the number of bars showing. i'll sometimes show zero bars and still be fine

Android noob likes this.
  3. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2010
    IT
    Toledoish
    Unless you get into the -95 range you'll be fine, that's when it starts getting flaky. Signal meter on Eris just isn't as optimistic as most phones.

Android noob likes this.
  4. andrizoid

andrizoid Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2010
    its just an issue with the display. you actually have more bars, ive placed calls with no issue and perfect clarity with 0 bars. ive learned to ignore the bars icon and try regardless.

Android noob likes this.
  5. Android noob

Mar 28, 2010
    Whats the beat signal strength that you can have? Like whats the best number to have it at?

6. padrone00

padrone00 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2009
    My problem is that I am starting to drop calls now and I have to think that it is because of the signal issue. I am trying to find the thread that someone had posted of the Alltel PRL that seemed to have helped them. At this point I am willing to try anything (in fact one step closer to rolling back to 1.5, I can't believe I just said that). I hate to admit that I didn't have this problem on 1.5.

7. Android noob

Mar 28, 2010
    I did the alltel PRL update and it didn't seem to help with the bar indicator, but my dad today got a motorola droid and we looked at his actual signal strenght and he had -89db and on my eris with I have the same, it just shows 2 bars for some odd reason, so yeah, I think it is just a problem with the bar indicator.