• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Simple Automation App?

NativeTxn

Feb 8, 2011
I would like to use an app that will automatically do the following:

1) Shut off Wi-Fi if I am out of range of the 3 or 4 spots I have saved, and automatically turn it back on when I am in range
2) Turn off bluetooth when I am not in my car (the only location I have paired with the phone) and turn it on automatically when I am in the car and the car is turned on.

3) It would also be nice to have GPS only turn on when I open certain apps (like Maps) that rely on/or are markedly better with GPS on. Though this is not an absolute must.

I believe that I can do those things with Tasker and/or Juice Defender Ultimate, however, those are really the only automated functions I would like to have so I was wondering if there is a simpler, free app that can do these things?

Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.

1. Auto wifi enabler
2. Not directly ...I use timerriffic as me schedule is fairly consist ant
3. Tasker is pretty much awesome with endless possibilities

Tasker can be set up a number of ways based on x y z on off status

X=on so y= off and z comes on etc.

Maps opens so GPS is on Bluetooth comes on wifi turns off

Upvote 0
I've got Tasker set up with "Cell Near" to turn Wifi on and off depending on the cell tower it picks up near my house. However, I have noticed that when I get a call it cause Wifi to shut off (I am presuming because it is now not picking up this cell signal as a marker since I am on the phone, though I could be wrong).

Is there a way to avoid Wifi going off when I get a call?

Do I need to set a second profile that turns Wifi on based on location. I had created one that is supposed to turn it on if it recognizes that it is within 500m of the pinpointed location. I then set it with the "Net" ON and "GPS" OFF so it doesn't keep using GPS to find the location since part of the purpose of this whole thing is to save battery.

However, do I need to set it so that something toggles every so often to eventually determine that I am in that area? If so, what is the best way to go about that?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones