• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Simple Neon lettering on black background

ssaZER0

Lurker
Nov 2, 2019
.... First let me say Im old school and I didnt really care to be pushed into the smartphone era.
but how smart are these phones if we cant fully customize its appearance?
From stupid themes at google play to Samsung that do not fit my taste, having to install launchers and theme packs, I still cannot find anything that I particularly like.... Ive been at this for 3 years now.
So recently I discovered Samsung mobile theme editor, an app they make you jump thru hoops to get, and if you are doing it for your own personal phone, they wont let you have it.... then i discovered the android mobile theme app, which they discontinued from v3.3 and onward -
All I want is simple neon green font color on a black background, Ive seen a few themes with it but its always accompanied with imbecile graphics

why is it that android cannot have or will not allow fully customizable graphics settings?

Reactions: theuntoldvlogs
Welcome to Android Forums, ssaZER0!
All I want is simple neon green font color on a black background, Ive seen a few themes with it but its always accompanied with imbecile graphics
Since I don't know the specifics, I can't say for sure, but in my experience I can pick and choose which elements I want. For example, in the launcher I use, ADW, I can pick wallpaper from one source, individual icons from any of the many icon packs I have, custom fonts from fonts I copied from my computers, and so on. Perhaps you just haven't hit on the right launcher yet, or didn't fully explore the options that were available to you.
why is it that android cannot have or will not allow fully customizable graphics settings?
Um...it does. That's why creative people who offer themes/icons/wallpaper/etc. are able to do so. If it was locked down, that would be impossible.

Now, from an end-user perspective, customizing Android is not as easy and straightforward as doing it in its big brother, Linux. On my computers I have total control of everything, from the image on the login screen to the font in applications' title bars, all easily done with a few clicks or putting an image in a specific directory. On non-rooted Android devices, it's not quite that easy, but with a launcher, it's pretty damn close. :)

Upvote 0
Welcome to Android Forums, ssaZER0!

Since I don't know the specifics, I can't say for sure, but in my experience I can pick and choose which elements I want. For example, in the launcher I use, ADW, I can pick wallpaper from one source, individual icons from any of the many icon packs I have, custom fonts from fonts I copied from my computers, and so on. Perhaps you just haven't hit on the right launcher yet, or didn't fully explore the options that were available to you.

Um...it does. That's why creative people who offer themes/icons/wallpaper/etc. are able to do so. If it was locked down, that would be impossible.

Now, from an end-user perspective, customizing Android is not as easy and straightforward as doing it in its big brother, Linux. On my computers I have total control of everything, from the image on the login screen to the font in applications' title bars, all easily done with a few clicks or putting an image in a specific directory. On non-rooted Android devices, it's not quite that easy, but with a launcher, it's pretty damn close. :)

i very much appreciate both your time and input,
i will look into this
thank you

Reactions: MoodyBlues
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones