• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Size of image for contact entry

emueyes

Lurker
Jun 10, 2012
Hi all

I have a Galaxy S2 bought in Australia, flashed myself to ICS 4.0.3 US WiFi version [most manufacturers, Samsung and Motorola for example, are unbelievably slow in getting out updates. I imagine if their CEOs had to point to Australia on a map they'd stuff it up]

I'm getting things organised, and though it'd be nice to finally put pictures on my most often used contacts in the phone book. What size should I make the images, so that the phone doesn't have to resize them, or in other words, so I have more control over what they look like on the phone, and possibly save a little space. I'm also wondering if I can use a transparent colour for backlgrounds.

Would these same photos work/look the same way on my Xoom, again, flashed up to US Wifi JellyBean 4.1.1

TIA

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones