• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Skyfire Browser 2.0 (beta): Finally here for Android and does an Awesome Job

I couldn't expect more from a Beta. Works great on HTC Incredible and Eris. I've always used Skyfire with Windows Mobile 6.1 and 6.5. It was hands down the best browser on a smart phone on Windows Mobile. I waited forever to see this on the Android platform and it's here. It doesn't start up as quickly as the Chrome Browser, but it does start up quicker than Dolphin Browser. I use this as my main browser do to the greater capabilities compared to Chrome and Dolphin Browser. The ability to play videos from the browser is an awesome capability. Unfortunately, the video capabilities only works about 4 out of 5 times. I've noticed that it doesn't work with some video formats and if there are multiple videos on a page it might get confused. Other times it might not recognize there is a video on a page, but after refreshing the page the video will show appear. This browser always allows you to see the desktop versions of websites without having to search a mobile browser website to find the link that will push you to the desktop website. Also, if you hold the back button it will prompt you to close, or close and clear cache. This can be beneficial to those who don't want their passwords saved, personal info, or need to recover some lost space on their phones . It looks like it keeps track of your passwords too as long as you don't clear the cache when you close the browser.

Overall a great experience. Especially for a Beta. This might be a good solution for people that aren't getting Android Froyo 2.2 on their phones to get Flash support, and embedded video support.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones