• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Skype video chat now working

TT1080i

Jul 12, 2010
Video chat works on the incredible 2.
skype ver 2.1.0.46, not skype mobile.
Even though it is not on the supported device list.
Under setting enable video chat, and wa la.

The incredible 2 now has gingerbread, netflix and skype video.
Those were the only things lacking... I think,
This phone turned out to be a good choice.

Reactions: amarryat
The IncredibleS is a supported device so that means that incredible 2 is as well!

The only issue im having (with just normal audio skype) is that the audio gets a choppy when connected to wifi, but works just fine over 3g. I think it has something to do with the wifi going into a low power state or off when the screen turns off. Anyone else notice this?

Upvote 0
The IncredibleS is a supported device so that means that incredible 2 is as well!

The only issue im having (with just normal audio skype) is that the audio gets a choppy when connected to wifi, but works just fine over 3g. I think it has something to do with the wifi going into a low power state or off when the screen turns off. Anyone else notice this?

Try going to settings>wireless settings> hit "menu">advanced>wifi sleep policy> and check "never"

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones