• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sleep Button placement, argh

actofgod

Apr 27, 2010
NY
How did this get through beta testing or whatever? Why would you put the sleep button more or less directly across from the volume rocker? I can't tell you how many times I have unknowingly changed my volume setting (ring to silent, vibrate to silent, silent to ring, etc.) just trying to turn the screen off.

Seems like a no-brainer to me, people can be idiots.

I prefer the power/sleep button being on top of the phone (like the original Droid had). It's out of the way and hard to accidentally press. Though the location of it on the Galaxy Nexus would have been a great place for a camera button.

I agree the volume rocker is horribly placed though. Virtually all games and even a lot of utility apps require the phone to be in landscape view, and that almost always requires the left side of the screen to be on the bottom. So it's always in the way and the volume gets changed accidentally.

Button placement on the phone could have been a lot better overall, but it could have been worse.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones