• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

small scratch, where did it come from?

nynvolt

Android Enthusiast
Aug 17, 2010
SoCal
Well, I had been poo pooing all the claims of the glass being delicate. I hate screen protectors and ripped off my Verizon screen protector after a couple weeks due to scratches and have gone without ever since. I keep the phone in a leather HTC pouch, and use it naked. It's almost never pocketed without being in the pouch. Never dropped or abused. Was cleaning it today and I'll be darned, there is a relatively deep scratch on the back arrow. Glad it's not in the viewing area but disappointing. Guess I'll go buy some protectors.

I keep my Rezound naked at home (that's not the only thing I keep naked at home
smiley_eyebrows.gif
NAKED JUICE YOU PERVS! ) but when I'm out and about, I throw on the otterbox. Sometimes the screen just finds an object that's more than happy to skitter across it leaving a nice little scar. Have you tried buffing out the scratch with a very mild abrasive, like those headlight restore kits?

How to Get Rid of Scratches on Phone Screens | eHow.com

Reactions: jayochs
Upvote 0
Tried some metal polish, flitz, didn't work. Have used it on sunglasses with glass lenses and it minimized the scratches but not on this. I don't think keys, which would be the most likely metal objects to come in contact with the screen are a hard enough material to scratch the glass. Must have been a small grain of sand or something that found it's way into the case.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones