1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

small scratch, where did it come from?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nynvolt, Apr 17, 2012.

1. nynvolt

nynvolt Android Enthusiast

Well, I had been poo pooing all the claims of the glass being delicate. I hate screen protectors and ripped off my Verizon screen protector after a couple weeks due to scratches and have gone without ever since. I keep the phone in a leather HTC pouch, and use it naked. It's almost never pocketed without being in the pouch. Never dropped or abused. Was cleaning it today and I'll be darned, there is a relatively deep scratch on the back arrow. Glad it's not in the viewing area but disappointing. Guess I'll go buy some protectors.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. TheGoatLantern

TheGoatLantern Android Expert

Keys or pants rivet near the pocket is the usual culprit.

3. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest

I keep my Rezound naked at home (that's not the only thing I keep naked at home [​IMG] NAKED JUICE YOU PERVS! ) but when I'm out and about, I throw on the otterbox. Sometimes the screen just finds an object that's more than happy to skitter across it leaving a nice little scar. Have you tried buffing out the scratch with a very mild abrasive, like those headlight restore kits?

How to Get Rid of Scratches on Phone Screens | eHow.com

jayochs likes this.
  4. Blacklight82

Blacklight82 Well-Known Member

The screen is more prone to scratches. Just keep a screen protector on it. Better to have the scratches on the protector than the actual screen.
    Also, I heard that the method for removing scratches aren't meant for touch screens.

5. nynvolt

nynvolt Android Enthusiast

Tried some metal polish, flitz, didn't work. Have used it on sunglasses with glass lenses and it minimized the scratches but not on this. I don't think keys, which would be the most likely metal objects to come in contact with the screen are a hard enough material to scratch the glass. Must have been a small grain of sand or something that found it's way into the case.

6. MysteryEmotion

MysteryEmotion Android Enthusiast

EU sans with 3000grit sand paper. Buff with rubbing compound.

7. kierandill

kierandill Newbie

Well, the mommy scratch and the daddy scratch fall in love, and...

8. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest

But if the mommy scratch and the daddy scratch are not legally married then it's a bastard scratch....

HTC Rezound Forum

The HTC Rezound release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1620mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews