• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Smartphone WiFi speed variations on five units

Compumac

Apr 19, 2017
I have three smartphones and two tablets all connected to a BT Home hub 6.

All but one is able to download at approx 48Mbps anywhere in my home with the exception of a Samsung Core Prime that also will download at 48Mbps when in the same room as the router, but move away from the router and the download speed plummets.

I have accessed the BT Home Hub Manager and it would appear that all of the android devices are using 2.4GHZ setting. Why should the Core Prime be different?

It may have a weaker WiFi receiver. That might be a common feature of the Core Prime (not all models are equal), or it might be that yours is a bad specimen. It might be a feature of the particular software version even (by which I mean Core Prime firmware, not Android version).

Conceivably it might be a setting, but there's usually very little that the user can change so I think that's unlikely.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones