1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

SMS Question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ReverendLevi, Sep 14, 2011.

1. ReverendLevi

ReverendLevi Lurker

Using the Sensation, great phone by the way, but something has been annoying me since the first text I received. For some reason, the received messages not only show the contact name, but the letter "m" and the contacts phone number in quotation marks.

Example: Kyle (M 6021234567)

So, is there anyway to change it to where it only shows the contact name without the number included?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. 2manyPHONES

2manyPHONES Android Expert

As far as I know that's just part of how it is with sense. Same way on the inspire and evo i believe. If you switched to another text app like handcent or gosms you can have the contact name only.

3. gta1216

gta1216 Newbie

i'm using the sensation 4g, and doesn't happen to me. my incoming and outgoing sms only shows the person's name (as it appears in my phone book = how i inputted it).

4. MooseJaw

MooseJaw Newbie

The "M" designates that the sms came from a mobile number, or at least that you have it listed as a mobile in your contacts list. This is information for the recipient.

HTC Sensation 4G Forum

The HTC Sensation 4G release date was 8th June. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1520mAh battery.

8th June
Release Date
Reviews