• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Upgraded from the original inc and was so happy when my new Incredible 2 arrived yesterday. Loved everything about it until I actually got around to making a phone call, I know it's weird to actually use one of these things to make a phone call. Anyways made my first call and was so bummed. Seems as if my speaker is faulty. Sounds like a blown car speaker all tinny and crackles at higher volume. Called customer service and told them my phone had a bad speaker and amazingly without even so much as a follow up question the lady said we will have a new one shipped out to you immediately. Didn't even send me to tech support. Wondering if this is a common problem that verizon is aware of or any similar problems from other members.

I was going to replace my store-bought handset for another issue maybe 2 weeks after buying it, they sent me a replacement/refurb and IT had a blown speaker. I was trying to call the *228 to activate it and there was so much noise coming from the speaker I couldn't hear the prompts to activate it. Needless to say I sent it back. Seems a little strange to me that so many people are having that particular issue. Surely there's a story behind that.

Upvote 0
I had the same problem. After going through five ThunderBolts they let me opt to try the Inc2 instead. The first one they sent had a blown earpiece speaker. At "normal" volume, it sounded very quiet and muffled. When I turned the volume up so I could hear the person, it did the tinny, crackley eardrum-piercing rattle thing. I called about it and was sent a replacement that works perfectly. It was kind of funny though - I looked up the problem online right away to see if it was common with this model. I saw lots of reports of the same thing happening to others. Yet when I called, the lady claimed that it was strange and that they "never get reports of that problem." She hinted that she thought it may be water damage so I made sure to tell her that it happened on the very first test call the other lady who helped me activate it had me do and that I'd only had the phone for two hours. Not even I can screw up a phone that quickly. I should note though that it was only the earpiece speaker that had that problem. The back speaker was fine.

Good luck with your replacement!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones