• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

So I got my replacement Droid Incredible

I have not seen one yet but I would assume if it was refurbished that information would be present. I purchased mine new shortly after launch and it says the same as yours. :)

well that would be tremendous! the tech lady did say that i would probably get a new one, since they were so new, but i sort of figured there had to be refurbs already. maybe not. maybe mine was just a return, nothing wrong with it, just didn't want the phone? are they allowed to just reship those? thing is, i got mine during the great incredible backorder of 2010, while everyone else is still waiting for theirs...it's got to be at least a return. right? wish i knew. guess it doesn't matter, thing works great.

however, if anyone has an actual refurb out there, can you please do the thing grandmasterb suggested above and let me know if there is a refurb date on yours? i'm veddy, veddy curious now. thanks!

Upvote 0
well that would be tremendous! the tech lady did say that i would probably get a new one, since they were so new, but i sort of figured there had to be refurbs already. maybe not. maybe mine was just a return, nothing wrong with it, just didn't want the phone? are they allowed to just reship those? thing is, i got mine during the great incredible backorder of 2010, while everyone else is still waiting for theirs...it's got to be at least a return. right? wish i knew. guess it doesn't matter, thing works great.

however, if anyone has an actual refurb out there, can you please do the thing grandmasterb suggested above and let me know if there is a refurb date on yours? i'm veddy, veddy curious now. thanks!

To be perfectly honest with you it doesn't matter. If everything works on it just be happy you got one while everybody else is still waiting for theirs.

...the great incredible backorder of 2010

I love it! :cool:

Upvote 0
To be perfectly honest with you it doesn't matter. If everything works on it just be happy you got one while everybody else is still waiting for theirs.

agreed! yeah, i'm more curious than anything. user, know thy phone. ;-)

i cannot believe how much more i love this thing than the moto droid. and i thought i really liked the droid. i'm just pleased on a daily basis. so happy. refurb or no, this thing rocks.

Upvote 0
I ordered my HTC Incredible shortly after launch and had received it in the orginal packaging. I soon noticed after using it for less than a month that the ear piece on the phone was pretty terrible and seemed to have gotten worse. I set up a replacement within my 30 day period and had Verizon send me a new one. It took a month to get me a replacement because of the backorder.

The phone came in the new Droid Incredible packaging. When I first started using it I noticed the power button clicked weird and that the touch screen itself had something wrong with it. The haptic feedback on the keyboard and other touch buttons sometimes (it happens a lot to varying degrees) seems to have a weird response sometimes when using it. Instead of making that vibrating noise when hitting the keys sometimes a weird pop happens like something is wrong with the keyboard. It didn't do this in my previous version. I also noticed that the call quality was a little better but still seems to suck......

I don't know what to do now.

I DIDN'T get a new phone for a replacement I ended up with a refurb and already having problems with it as well. Trying to contact the same person who helped me initially since she was really helpful to try to figure out what to do to resolve this.

Super disappointed.

Upvote 0
I'm really disappointed right now. Called Tech support late Monday morning because my external speaker was blown. Was told they will ship a new one out once they were able to(they couldn't tell me when since they're still on backorder) I asked multiple times to make sure, "I will be receiving a brand new one, not a refurbished one, correct?" The lady said yes because they're so new they don't have refurbished ones yet. Bulls*it. Got it today in the mail, no back cover or no battery. You can see two little marks above the volume buttons where it was maybe taken apart or something. The VERY first thing I noticed when I powered it up was the pink hue on the screen. WTF. Now I have to call back and b*tch and hopefully they will actually send me a BNIB one. Yay.... Any thoughts?

Upvote 0
I'm really disappointed right now. Called Tech support late Monday morning because my external speaker was blown. Was told they will ship a new one out once they were able to(they couldn't tell me when since they're still on backorder) I asked multiple times to make sure, "I will be receiving a brand new one, not a refurbished one, correct?" The lady said yes because they're so new they don't have refurbished ones yet. Bulls*it. Got it today in the mail, no back cover or no battery. You can see two little marks above the volume buttons where it was maybe taken apart or something. The VERY first thing I noticed when I powered it up was the pink hue on the screen. WTF. Now I have to call back and b*tch and hopefully they will actually send me a BNIB one. Yay.... Any thoughts?

What insurance do you have?

Upvote 0
i did this and it says "<not available>" under refurbishment status and refurbishment date. manufacturers date says 4/11/2010. does that mean i got a new phone when they sent me this as a refurb?

I just recived my third INC due too 2 blown speakers and this one is supose to be a refurb, but doing ##778 is shows <not Available> also under Refurbishment date. Manufacturers date is 4/20/10

Reactions: gidget
Upvote 0
I just recived my third INC due too 2 blown speakers and this one is supose to be a refurb, but doing ##778 is shows <not Available> also under Refurbishment date. Manufacturers date is 4/20/10

i'm still not sure if that answers the question of whether we're getting new or actually refurb phones, but at least people who have received multiple refurbs are not seeing the info filled in, so it seems likely that verizon is just not filling that info in. that...is not optimal. :(

Upvote 0
My replacement phone arrives today, I just called VZW because there's a $100 charge on my monthly Bill for equipment purchase. The rep told me that I didn't get my phone replaced under warranty it was actually purchased for $100 (after new every 2 credit, and new 2 year agreement). So I now have 2 droid Incredibles at $100 each. The replacement being a brand new straight from HTC factory phone.

The original phone I was having replaced may not even be defective... I was having it replaced because Internet speeds were always slow which turns out is a bad radio rom which can be fixed via OTA. Should I sell my old phone on craigslist/ebay or return it to VZW for a $100 credit?

Upvote 0
My replacement phone arrives today, I just called VZW because there's a $100 charge on my monthly Bill for equipment purchase. The rep told me that I didn't get my phone replaced under warranty it was actually purchased for $100 (after new every 2 credit, and new 2 year agreement). So I now have 2 droid Incredibles at $100 each. The replacement being a brand new straight from HTC factory phone.

The original phone I was having replaced may not even be defective... I was having it replaced because Internet speeds were always slow which turns out is a bad radio rom which can be fixed via OTA. Should I sell my old phone on craigslist/ebay or return it to VZW for a $100 credit?

Guess it depends on rather you want to pay for it for 2 years or not or worse yet deal with paying the ETF if you do sell it. If it were me I would send it back...

Well thats certainly confusing. Doesn't look like the refurbishment status is any good to us. But on the bright side if people have to look in the programming menu to see if the device is refurbished or not then they should be pretty happy :)

Upvote 0
Well thats certainly confusing. Doesn't look like the refurbishment status is any good to us. But on the bright side if people have to look in the programming menu to see if the device is refurbished or not then they should be pretty happy :)

Just hope they don't notice that the ESN on the phone is different from the one on the box :)

Upvote 0
Guess it depends on rather you want to pay for it for 2 years or not or worse yet deal with paying the ETF if you do sell it. If it were me I would send it back...

Well according to the last rep she had voided my contract so that there was no early termination or a 2 year agreement with my original phone. So if I return the original to VZW and get the $100 credit back, I would be able to keep the new DI and have no contract and keep my new every 2. Which I would use to get the HTC Scorpion, :x

Upvote 0
I'm having problems with my phone and verizon sent out a replacement. They sent out a confirmation email saying my replacement would be certified like-new, so basically they are shipping out refurbished phones not new for replacements.

Attachments

• hero_top2.jpg
    hero_top2.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 28
Upvote 0
So I immediately opened and activated my Dinc replacement. First thing I immediately noticed without even comparing to my original device was a noticeably pink hue to the screen. A test call to mom and another to work yielded the same earpiece problems. :mad:

Edit: I just finished speaking with Aaron in tech support. They are no longer sending out replacement Dinc's and he gave me the same "update will be coming out soon." When I mentioned I was told that three weeks ago he said it appears to be within a week. After about eight minutes of searching through tech bulletins, he couldn't find anything more definitive. He did send a message on to a manager to see if they could switch me to a different device and even suggested the Droid X, but apparently the manager shot down that idea. So here I am still unable to make calls and pondering a return to T-Mobile since I still have my old Blackberry.

Edit 2: Called customer service inquire as to my term fee (I didn't know they drop by $10 each month, I actually learned something!). Audrey was awesome...She was not aware that they have stopped doing warranty replacements and contacted tech support to confirm. But she did speak with a manager and made a deal. I still have to return my warranty replacement but she made my account eligible for an upgrade with a $30 discount. They can't refund me for my original Dinc, but I can sell it or do whatever I want and not be subject to a ETF or surcharge. So I would have to pay the subsidized price for a new phone less $30...pretty good deal in my mind! :D

Upvote 0
I was offered a replacement this past week. Shortly before leaving for vacation, my Dinc kept displaying "Low on Space" warning on the notification bar. I had HUGE amounts of "space" and memory, so it was erroneous.

Then, less than a week ago, it started displaying two errors on top about Low on Space and not enough memory to receive (or view) SMS and text! Along with that, I could no longer put any more apps from the market on OR even update the ones I had. (Again, I had LOTS of memory and space!) Then, it crashed. Kept replaying the same three start up screens over and over. Pull the battery, starts over again.

Called VZW. This rep had NOTHING good to say about Android! Offered to send a new one out... but, I was out of town in the wilderness of Upper Mich...then he did help me factory reset though. Did that. Reloaded all of my apps, email accounts, etc (yeah, fun) but so far...no more errors.

Fingers crossed as I love the Dinc. But was REALLY surprised by his bashing of it...and said they get a LOT of complaint calls about their Android phones.

Upvote 0
I also received a form to fill out to get a $100 rebate. Only the UPC on the form doesn't match the new UPC on the phone. It does however match the UPC on my old phone. So I'm thinking I will now get another $100 rebate, since my first was instant rebate online. AND since I have to cut off the barcode/ESN label to send it in. I can put my old DINC into the new box and return it at the store for a $105 refund.

End result will be, 1 Free DI, no 2 year agreement, and I keep my new every 2 upgrade credit for later use. *crosses fingers this will actually work out*

Upvote 0
Just got my replacement. Wont fit in my original Verizon red case (wont snap shut around the phone). Its a reconditioned phone but I inspected everything about it. The sticker where the battery goes is different but its in GREAT shape (otherwise I would have returned it).

All in all it works fine. Speaker still sounds a tad bit raspy but a LOT better than the phone being replaced. No problems yet.

Upvote 0
Just got my replacement. Wont fit in my original Verizon red case (wont snap shut around the phone). Its a reconditioned phone but I inspected everything about it. The sticker where the battery goes is different but its in GREAT shape (otherwise I would have returned it).

All in all it works fine. Speaker still sounds a tad bit raspy but a LOT better than the phone being replaced. No problems yet.

Just to let you guys who are getting refurbs as replacements, if you are in 30 days you are supposed to be getting New Retails...

I myself got a refurb as a replacement, when it got here, I phoned and said it had same issue as Original which is Unresponsive screen, and that I wasn't happy receiving a Refurb within my 30 days...

I then spoke to a manager nicely and said I didn;t like the fact I got a refurb phone within my 30 days worry free guarantee, and he then said send it back and he will send me a new retail.

So my New Retails should be here on the 4th-5th, at least thats what tracking number says That i got yesterday...

Anyways , there is nothing wrong with getting a refurb, I just think myself you should get what you pay for, and thats a brand new phone...

morale of the story is, if you want a new one, keep hassling them, if your in your 30 days you can.

Oh and btw, I am getting a 2nd 30 days worry free guarantee with the new retail handset, and if it has any issues, I've been promised and its been noted on my account, that I can send it back no problem without any restocking fee's and wait for any other phone.

Just thought i'd let people know you can get retails, if you want them...

Aight that was long winded, sorry about that

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones