• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

So I got to play with one.

I stopped by the local corporate store today and got lucky. They had one in stock for training purposes and got it from the back for me to fondle. It is really a beautiful device - from the minimalist hardware to the sharp looking screen. I couldn't look at it for too long as they didn't want ordinary mortals to see it ahead of time, but the experience re-confirmed my decision to acquire the device. If you're wondering if it was worth the wait the answer, at least for me, is definitely.

I went to a t-mobile store to check it out and I wanted to buy it right then. I watched avatar for 30 minutes and it looked fantastic.

Upvote 0
I stopped by my local AT&T store again today and they had it in. They saw me coming and knew exactly what I was coming for. I was very impressed with the phone. I really loved the form factor, and as everyone says the screen is brilliant.

As some have asked I looked through the phone for an app or setting that would tell of the FM receiver, but I could not find one. I also checked out the logos on the front and they felt as if they were under the glass.

Now I'm no android expert so I couldn't put the phone through its paces, but i did flip through the settings and just nearly every nook and cranny that I could find. It was a very enjoyable experience.

Upvote 0
the logo isn't that big of a problem... it just would have been nice to be able to remove the at&t logo and samsung logo after seeing the prototype model in the product manager video lol... im sure that someone will release a teardown or guide or replacement shell for the phone eventually... only time will tell

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones