• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Social Networking widget - control the feed

rkell88

Lurker
Dec 30, 2011
Hello,
I'm still searching the posts, but I'd appreciate any advice folks have on this topic. I use the Social Networking widget on my Droid X (came with the phone) to keep up with Facebook posts. Here's the issue. Over time, this thing seems to have decided what I can and can't see, and lately instead of seeing posts from friends I'm interested in, I get dozens of posts in the feed from the facebook gamer types. I really really really don't care how many farm animals have been fed, saved or shared.

I've tried changing the notification settings on Facebook itself, blocking the feed from some of these people altogether, etc. and no luck. It's still coming through. I can't find anything in the Social Networking widget to allow me to customize what comes through.

So, any way to control this, or should I just shut it down and get a better app? Any suggestions on a good one (free) that is similar, but limits what is on display to just wall posts, etc.
Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones