• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Soft Silicone case and car mount

My car mount worked with the black silicone soft case if its the vzw offering and before bs is called.

100_0137.jpg

100_0135.jpg

Upvote 0
wow, the internet is amazing... so many people and bound to find someone who has similar problems and great ideas...

I just got my droidx a few days ago, and just mounted the base plate yesterday, and let it 'cure for 24 hours', and then tried setting it all up today only to find out the silicone case/cover does not fit in 'well'.

for those that dont know, the car kit/holder has an insert... if you dont have a cover/case, then you use the insert.. if you do have a cover/case, then you dont use the insert... and yes it says 'genuine' motorol case/cover...

i too got the only one that Verizon had at the time i ordered, not even sure of the price, but would expect a warning/comment about the problem, and or have no problems in returning or getting verizon to work with me..

and in fact, i dont really expect a problem with verizon at all...

i also have a comment about the car charger... the cord is uber short... even with mounting the phone as physically close as possible to the ash tray/cigarette outlet, the cord is tight and pulls on teh phone mount, and I am sure it will pull the mount off the suction, and orpull the cord / plug out of the outlet... but, I will deal with that as it is still 'hypothetical' and not a problem YET.

I will have to check the price of the car / phone mount to figure out if i want to bust out the dremel or not...

I am sure there wont be many other covers that will fit, and i really want something to hold teh phone in place while i drive

so, unless someone has another suggestion/mount I can use, then i am probably going to get all rotary on this thing...

Upvote 0
My car mount worked with the black silicone soft case if its the vzw offering and before bs is called.

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m46/Octane2079/Droid X/100_0137.jpg
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m46/Octane2079/Droid X/100_0135.jpg

I got my soft silicone case from vzw too, but it didnt fit. From your pics I can see that it is different than the one I got though. (The opening on the bottom back speaker is different than mine)

It was the only kind they had there too. I think you may have gotten lucky with them having that there. I haven't seen any soft silicone cases other than ones like I got when I went to the few vzw stores around here.

Upvote 0
Wasn't sure whether I should dremel the mount or cut the soft silicone. In the end I just take the soft case off and on, it's easy enough with the one I got, which is definitely different from the one shown in the pics. Mine just has a small lip around the front and doesn't cover the front keys. I also bought it from a Verizon store.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones