• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Solstice ROM

Thanks! No, I didn't know about that one.

Actually I've only discovered this week that there's a third MildWild ROM, based on Redux 2 (it's been a while since I've really been looking at ROMs). Just installed it tonight to test, because I always had a fondness for Redux 2. But as I've now got a larger hboot (to fit the MildWild ROM) I'm downloading this one to try out later. :)

Upvote 0
I've downloaded it too but would need to change my hboot before I can flash it & just don't have time right now. I would be most interested to hear your verdict. It appears to have a custom kernel so who knows what works & what battery life is like.

Mildwild Redux has only been around a couple of weeks.

Upvote 0
Well MW Redux2 wasn't stable on my phone - surprising, since Redux2 itself I used about 15 months ago with no problems, and nobody else is reporting stability problems. Probably I could fix with a bit of kernel tweaking, but can't really be bothered. Otherwise it's nice, though slightly less responsive than dGB. Was nice to have a lot more space again.

So before nandroiding back to dGB, while I have a larger hboot I might have a play with other things. Hence I'm just editing this one down a little (removing unwanted tts languages, theme choosers and stuff I don't like) before doing a test flash. I notice that it doesn't include gapps or any a2sd script, but it's pretty compact - much smaller than CM7.

Upvote 0
Well I'm afraid that Solstice didn't last for me. The notification power control didn't include a 2G/3G toggle, which is something I do use a lot, and had no option to add it. So I didn't even restore my data.

Did consider installing MW Oxy 4.7 while I had the larger hboot, but not today - restored the 65 MB hboot and my dGB nandroid.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones