• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SOLUTION: Galaxy S2 ICS 4.0.3 IP Address: Unavailable / WiFi Connection Problem

RomanK

Lurker
Jul 8, 2012
Many of you experience this frustrating problem, when you have Full Wi-Fi Signal but nothing would boot up in Internet Browser or Play Store or Facebook etc... all you gonna get is Connection Error

Thats due to your I9100 being unable to get IP Address from router.
What requires to do, is manually assign IP Address to your Galaxy S2,
that is simple can be done with third party app from Google Store, such as WiFi Manager by Kostya Vasilyev.

Once you've obtained the app, run it and find your Wireless Network that you would like to connect

Enter you password first.

Then Tick box with "Show Advanced Settings"
two new option will drop out
The one you need is "Assign IP Address" tick that box

Here is screen shot of my setting which are pretty standard for most users out there with home routers, however i would like you to check setting and local ip address on you Router, Lapton or other wireless device first.
One thing i should mention that "Address" Line is IP address that you going to assign to your Galaxy Phone must not be take by other wireless device.

Screenshot_2012-07-09-12-40-57.png

Enjoy!

This solution worked for me with my Galaxy S2 for a time... and then it failed again entirely and I can't resolve the issue at all no matter what settings I try. I intermittently got Wifi back - mostly when I'd connected wifi somewhere else, but often for no apparent reason I'd get an IP when back within range of my wireless.

I'm now using the app WiFi Connection Fixer (I can't link to it in my first post) - which has immediately fixed this annoying problem... Root access is required.

I have no association to the developer at all - just a satisfied user. I've joined solely to ad this comment to this old thread... since it looms large in google searches for this very common issue.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones