1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support SOLVED: "Exchange Application" / "Exchange Encryption"

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Spil, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Spil

Spil Newbie
    None

Apr 26, 2012
    Male
    Upstate NY, USA
    Hi, been using and enjoying my Commando for about 7 months now, rooted for 3+ months. I'm still on M080 ... the attempted updates to M100 always fail 25% of the way through. ;) But that's not what brought me here for help -- here's my current problem.

A couple of days ago, while not thinking clearly, I uninstalled a couple of key system applications that I clearly should not have removed (and of course I skipped the "make a backup copy" step). The two apps are: "Exchange Application" and "Exchange Encryption". For those of you who might wonder what happens when you uninstall these system apps: you can no longer access your contact list or make phone calls (although you can receive calls), and your phone freezes/crashes frequently. (So don't do it!)

Is it possible to get .apk backups of these apps from someone here and re-install them from these apk's? I think that would be a much better option than buying a new phone ;) (if it works, that is). Thanks!

Advertisement

2. Spike G

Spike G Android Enthusiast
    None

i'm on m050 so i cant really help you out but if you post over in the root section you'll almost certainly get the files you need

3. Spil

Spil Newbie
    None

Apr 26, 2012
    Male
    Upstate NY, USA
    Problem solved, thanks to paxchristos -- my Commando is functional once again. And I'll be more responsible and careful with rooting around in its innards ;) in the future.

4. jfever311

jfever311 Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 8, 2012
    Crane Operator
    In a pleasant melody
    Hey, you should post exactly what you did to solve this so that others can easily find out what to do in case this happens to them. Thanks.

5. Spil

Spil Newbie
    None

Apr 26, 2012
    Male
    Upstate NY, USA
    Not much ... paxchristos uploaded copies of the .apk backups for those files, and I re-installed them ... now it works. :)