• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SOLVED: "Exchange Application" / "Exchange Encryption"

Hi, been using and enjoying my Commando for about 7 months now, rooted for 3+ months. I'm still on M080 ... the attempted updates to M100 always fail 25% of the way through. ;) But that's not what brought me here for help -- here's my current problem.

A couple of days ago, while not thinking clearly, I uninstalled a couple of key system applications that I clearly should not have removed (and of course I skipped the "make a backup copy" step). The two apps are: "Exchange Application" and "Exchange Encryption". For those of you who might wonder what happens when you uninstall these system apps: you can no longer access your contact list or make phone calls (although you can receive calls), and your phone freezes/crashes frequently. (So don't do it!)

Is it possible to get .apk backups of these apps from someone here and re-install them from these apk's? I think that would be a much better option than buying a new phone ;) (if it works, that is). Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones