• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SOLVED: Looking for specific GPS app (triangulate location via GPS on picture of map)

dshosu

Lurker
May 23, 2011
Hey guys sorry to be a bother here, yes this is my first post but I'm in dire need of some assistance.

I'm looking for an app I found a while ago but decided didn't meet my needs. Turns out I DO need it and I can't for the life of me figure out where I saw it or what it's called.

Also if you can think of any other application(s) that have this feature please chime in.

The app allowed you to take a picture of a map, like a trail map on a bulletin board, via the built-in camera. Then you could go to 2 or 3 coordinates on the map and mark them on the photo using the built-in GPS. The app would then use the 2 or 3 points to orient the map and track your location elsewhere on the map.

Thanks to all that can help!

(PS if it helps, I vaguely remember there being a YouTube video of a guy demonstrating the app and the presenter (maybe also a developer?) had an Eastern European/Russian-like accent)

Edit 1: It's like MapSnaps (but for Android obviously)

Edit 2: I think I just found it!

MapCalibrator

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones