• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Some services and websites not working on Wifi

• Thread starter Android Question
  • Start date
A

Android Question

Ok, so I recently shifted over to Android with the Moto G 2014 running 4.4.4 Kitkat, and I've started experiencing some problems with accessing certain internet services on my home wifi. Very weirdly, everything works fine on my office Wifi. Services which don't work include (but are probably not limited to):

Facebook: Mobile and Web, photos don't load.
Feedly: App doesn't update
Android Central: Mobile and Web. When accessing on mobile, I get a webpage not found. When trying to access on the app, the app doesn't update.
Google Now: Cant load settings, doesn't register internet access.

In cases where the web version doesn't work on the browser, I've tried using Firefox, Chrome and Chrome beta.

I know this isn't a wifi problem because everything loads fine both on my friend's windows phone and my PC. Interestingly, even my other roommate's android suffers from the same problem. (Xolo. Not sure which one. Running 4.x JB or Kitkat, will update once I confirm)

My Wifi runs on a D-Link DIR-605L, with IP and DNS obtained dynamically from the ISP. No information about my office wifi.

Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones