• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Song ID Apps broken?

OrionZ

Lurker
Sep 2, 2010
Hi,

I've always been a fan of V Cast music ID before I recently switched to my Droid X--it was one of my favorite features. I was able to find it in the Verizon apps, as well as Shazam and SoundHound in the Droid Apps.

However, both Shazam and Soundhound, no matter how many times I try, say they didn't receive any music or failed to identify a song, and V Cast SongID just stays on the "Listening" screen until I have to close the app. The songs I've tried are relevantly popular songs so I know they're not too unique for the databases. I've placed my phone in every possible way up to my speakers but no such luck.

So... is this a common problem? Could it be leaning towards a phone issue and not an app issue with three apps all failing to carry out their function. I'm not going to pay for a full version until I get it worked out.

Wondering if anyone else had this issue and perhaps is just a setting I have to mess around with.

Thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones