• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sorry For the Noob Question: Need an App to handle maintanence requests

pawnmower

Lurker
Dec 24, 2010
Thanks in advance if you can help,

I searched High and Low and the closest thing that worked so far is evernote, but its not exactly what I want:

I need something that Allows me to:

1) Input a job request, with a name, address, phone number and description of the problem...that displays the date and time I took the request.

2) sets up the jobs as tasks, and hopefully syncs with google tasks

3) allows me to complete the job, input more notes if needed and records the date and time of job completion

4) Allows me to use a computer to view and sort through the jobs and list them or print them out.

I am probably just missing the obvious app that is right in front / top of everyone's 'best app' list but I am a noob when it comes to phones, thank you so much if you can help.

well you can try this, Job Search

Unless I am missing something, Job Search is about finding a job....

What I am looking for is a way to manage a bunch of little jobs that I already have....If someone calls me to do a job I want to be able to input their name, address and phone, and a description of the job. I want the app to record the date and time of the initial request. Ideally I would like to be able to input any times and dates that I make contact with the customer. Then I would like to be able to input the time and date of the actual job being completed, as well as comments or results. Having all of this sync with google or at least with a 3rd party program of some kind would be a huge bonus also.

I'm sure there are quite a few options and apps that can do this, but for some reason I am coming up empty when I search.

Sorry for the confusion.

tl;dr - I am looking to manage customer requests/jobs not find a job

Upvote 0
Ok I found something that looks nearly perfect, it is called ZenDesk

https://market.android.com/details?...251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS56ZW5kZXNrLmFuZHJvaWQiXQ..

It is 10 bux a month, and geared towards issuing Tech Support IT tickets.....which is almost exactly what I need to do, except my 'support tickets' are more like handyman, general repairs, maintenance work, landscaping....etc.....

Anyone familiar enough with ZenDesk or anything like it to recommend me a good free option, it doesn't have to be quite as pretty....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones