• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Sorry to repeat a OTA ?

So here's my problem I keep trying to do the OTA update but I keep getting the same mesg communication to the server failed try back 24hrs,I did the manual date change trick twice and that did not work now it says 71hrs before I try again Thank You (P.S Samsung told me to do the date change trick still not working)

I get the same thing after doing the last update to JH7. . .(I got the JH7 OTA) now every time I check for an update I get the same thing you do. "unable to connect to AT&T server" or some thing close to that. . .

Ive called AT&T, they pretty much know nothing. One guy said he reset the registration on my sim card, checked my IEMI number, blah blah blah. he said "try again in 24 hours, I'm positive that will fix it". . .. if not then its a Samsung problem not ours

No luck. Its not a huge deal at the moment, but when I see that 2.2 is out, I'll feel like I'm being robbed until I can get it fixed. .

I dont really want to do a complete restore on the phone, because I feel like it took me a month to get it just the way I like it. .And I dont even know if that will get it back to being able to get updates. . . .

Thanks Maxwell. . .saw your post after I replied to the OP . . . .Ill keep that download and see if I can get it figured out for future updates.

Upvote 0
After I updated to JH7 my phone easily contacted the update server from AT&T. I tried a few days ago and it gave me the unable to connect to server error. I'm thinking perhaps they shut it down temporarily. However, if you are worried about not getting future updates you can take heart in the fact that most likely they will be released via samsung kies. JH7 was offered through kies as well as FOTA. I would definitely not worry about not getting updates. Unless you have a mac...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones