• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sorry2BLate : send automatic messages when you're late !!

Hi all and first of all sorry for by poor english writing (french inside).

So here comes the beta time of my application Sorry2BLate.

qrcode_sorry2BLate_s.png
Sorry2BLate website

Here are some screenshots:

The goal is to define checkpoints on a map and time when you'll be there. If you're late the message is send (notification when you're late).

So if you have a daily travel to go to work or go back home or go your child's nanny, define the alarm, the message, enable the alarm and never type a sms again if you're late !

Different settings can be enabled : advance checking, repeating days, user confirmation before sending message, and more...

This is beta version, much more to do on user interface (global settings, help, EULA), feel free to email me for features/suggestions.

Application updated.

Bugfix.
Confirmation dialog and notification updated.
2 new fonctions :

• Non geolocation based alarm : uncheck "geolocation based" to enter a date and time to send message (no geolocation, message is always sent)
  • Override message in checkpoints : click checkpoint to define the overrided default alarm message. With this option message can be more precise and related to your checkpoint (exemple : "train is late", "missed the bus").
And maximum number of alarms rised to 3.

Upvote 0
Application updated now in 0.6.5

More a Bug fixes update.

UI settings changes.
More options in home screen contextual menu (Enable/Disable, Edit)
Testing little animation on alarm's list.

Several bugs fixed (for non geolocation based alarm, when modifying checkpoints when alarm enabled ...).

Don't hesitate to contact me or post your comments/bugs/suggestions to help me make the application better.

Upvote 0
Thought i would check this out as i'm always late :(

I've a few suggestions

1) Add Alarm, press back key and saves alarm. Surely this should cancel and not create an alarm.

2) When enter alarms title field, should either blank or highlight the text for typeover, it already says "Title" above, no need to put that in the field too, only to have to delete it before adding your own name.

3) Repeat; Would be nice to have "Every day", instead of having to select every day individually, and maybe (Mon-Fri), for most workers.

4) A widget for the homescreen would be nice.

Upvote 0
Ok great !
To reply to your suggestions :
1) Add Alarm, press back key and saves alarm. Surely this should cancel and not create an alarm.
-> There is no save / cancel button for now, so it's the same as stock alarm in android 2.1 saving all your updates

2) When enter alarms title field, should either blank or highlight the text for typeover, it already says "Title" above, no need to put that in the field too, only to have to delete it before adding your own name.
-> No more title in next version (but "no title set" text visible in the list).

3) Repeat; Would be nice to have "Every day", instead of having to select every day individually, and maybe (Mon-Fri), for most workers.
-> will add working days in next version (and localized week beginning (Sunday or Monday) and 12/24h mode based on phone settings)

4) A widget for the homescreen would be nice.
-> not yet : you can close the application, the alrm will continue to work even if application is closed. But maybe later, I'm waiting for what you want in the widget

5) When switching between tabs and back to main menu, it keeps prompting "Alarm Enabled"
It's because the alarm is enabled. So when changing tabs, it deactivate/reactivate the alarm to have last changes in current alarm.

6) Can't see the point in the "Resume" tab, what does it do, what's it for??
-> Just to see if you where late or not on this alarm, and for future release for statistics (late percent, number of checkpoint you where late, etc.). Will make another screen with all alarms and checkpoints and their status (late, not late, unknown)

7) Would like extra field, tick box. "Auto Confirmation", so doesn't prompt to send text.
-> It's already in "more options" in "setting tab" : "Activate confirmation".

Upvote 0
Version updated 0.6.7 :

Bugfix on repeating alarms (alarm active once more even when stopped).

News & Updates :
- Preferences screen for new alarm (context menu on alarm's list), defaults settings for message, auto confirmation and send current location.
- 12/24h mode and first day of week depending on phone settings (languages and date/time).
- Add "working days" on repeat days.
- Alarm's title not set if empty.

Upvote 0
Hi, I'm attempting to use this as an automated text sender, so a reminder is sent same time every morning with out me having to remember to send it :)
if I set the phone for a time with out a location, will this keep running everyday I have the alarm set for? of do I have to choose the date every day for this?
but so far so good :)
Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0
Seems like new messages after august 14 where deleted (database crash).
To resume : "back on schedule message better than "catch up message" (more explicit)
Adding notification delete when tap on it on extended notification panel.
Adding search capabilities on map.

Next version will also have :
- better gmail recipients integration when mail message
- trackball color choice

Upvote 0
Need more work to publish next version (1 or 2 weeks).

Next version updates:
"back on schedule message". Send message when back on schedule
Notification settings. Display or not notification.
SMS Inbox settings. Save or not SMS in phone SMS database
Search on map. Center map on addresses result
Add checkpoint at map center. Useful after search
Trackball Color choice settings.

Upvote 0
New version 0.7.1 released :

- bug fix
- "back on schedule message". Send message when back on schedule
- Notification settings. Display or not notification.
- SMS Inbox settings. Save or not SMS in phone SMS database
- Search on map. Center map on addresses result
- Add checkpoint at map center. Useful after search
- Trackball Color choice settings.

Next version will focus on User Interface.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones