• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Sound profile issues

DynamitePress

Jun 6, 2010
I'm having interesting problems with the sound profiles I choose.

Example profiles:
Normal - Ring&Vibe, Message Tone&Vibe
Vibrate - Calls and Messages vibrate
Silent - All notifications disabled

I switch between these using the volume rocker or the menu, and I used to use an application for it too. My issues are primarily involving the Normal profile. Sometimes it starts choosing not to vibrate alongside the sound with a call or a message. I try switching to other profiles and then switching back, but it only works sometimes--usually I need to reboot. Vibrate and Silent generally work properly, although Vibrate does share one bug with Normal--sometimes they will BOTH choose to stop notifying me at all. Just a few minutes ago, I received a text in the Normal profile, and got no notification. I saw the screen brighten, stared at it, and waited a couple minutes to see if maybe it was just slow. Nothing. Usually calls still come in, although like I said, oftentimes the Normal profile doesn't vibrate like it should.

Has anyone else had this problem? Anybody know of a solution? I can't seem to find a pattern of when this problem occurs or doesn't occur.

i have that problem with normal too. had it in 1.5 and still do.
its only when i use the volume rocker to change it to normal. it doenst register the normal settings i created. if i do it in settings its ok.

if your in normal and up the volume rocker you need to go back into settings and select normal again.

welcome to the behold

Upvote 0
It's happened to me from the very beginning--on the first 1.5 version, the 1.5 OTA update, then the 1.6 update. And as far as I can tell, in my case it's never mattered which way I changed sound profiles. Sigh.

Also, it drops in and out sporadically. Sometimes the thing vibrates, sometimes not, with no perceptibly important phone activity or changes in between.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one! Or, not glad. Sucks that you guys have it too.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones