• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sound quality ?

f3bruary

Lurker
Jan 27, 2013
Hey guys,

I'm planning on buying the Razr I next week and have been reading a lot of reviews. So far everything has been good aside from some small issues. Intel cpu incompatibility, high bitrate video lags, poor 3d gaming....

It's not perfect but still it's a very good device. The thing I'm worried about it sound quality. Can anyone tell me something about music playback (headphones and speaker) and perhaps on which app music sounds the best ? I've read some reviews that the sound is not good, but I like to hear it from someone here. I like to listen a lot of music on my phone so this will be important for me.

Aside from that, how is 1080p playback ?

Hello,

Had my Razr I for a few days now and I can say that I've not had any of the problems you mention.

I'd got well over 100 apps installed now and had no compatability problems at all. I use MX Player to play avi files and there are no lags even when fast forwarding or rewinding (I used to have lags on the Desire S!)

Can't say for intense games but doodle jump which used to lag on the Desire S plays perfectly, as does pudding monsters and cut the rope.

I listen to music whilst walking to and from work every day and the sound quality is slightly better than on my Desire S (which was perfectly adequate sound). I only ever use AstroPlayer due to the great resuming and bookmarking options and I am more than happy with the sound.

The volume when listening to music on this phone goes a lot louder than on the Desire S and listening to music with headphones at full volume is actually painful (I don't listen at that volume, just making an example)

Without the headphones plugged in the sound quality is also very good (in my opinion) and goes louder than any phone I've owned before.

Hope that helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones