• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Spare battery charger that isn't also a dock?

gingersnapgirl

Android Enthusiast
Sep 15, 2012
Oakland, CA
I'm looking for a spare battery charger for my S3 that isn't also a dock. I already have a dock, and I'm looking for something that will simply plug into the wall, and sit flush against the wall (no cables) - similar to those Energizer chargers for AA batteries do - even better if the prongs fold down into the charger.

Does this exist?

I ordered this one a couple days ago, haven't got it yet though:
Amazon.com: Samsung i9300 Galaxy S3 SIII Wall Battery Charger with USB Port: Cell Phones & Accessories

I paid $.01 plus $4.49 shipping. That's not a typo, a penny plus shipping. Today it's $3.98 plus $.57 shipping.

It's got 21 five star reviews so I'm cautiously optimistic.

I had a very similar unit for my old galaxy portal. Was extremely handy for charging the spare battery. With the added bonus of the USB port you can charge another device as well, be it your phone (slowly), ereader, mp3 player etc. I also have a cable splitter to split one micro USB plug into two so I could charge two devices at once plus the spare battery.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones