• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Speck CandyShell or Casemate Pop?

So, i've been using the Pop for about 3 weeks, and its working wonderfully. However, i've noticed that the power button up top, a rubber 'coating' seems to be coming off. Same around the front edge (ie, laying your phone screen-side-down).
It makes it look white-ish. Obviously this is from a great amount of use, but 3 weeks? really?

Has anyone else seen this?

Upvote 0
So, i've been using the Pop for about 3 weeks, and its working wonderfully. However, i've noticed that the power button up top, a rubber 'coating' seems to be coming off. Same around the front edge (ie, laying your phone screen-side-down).
It makes it look white-ish. Obviously this is from a great amount of use, but 3 weeks? really?

Has anyone else seen this?

i'm having this issue also. well maybe not much of an issue but if you really look for it, it may bug you lol.
but to describe the issue it kinda seems like the rubber along the front edge seems to be rubbing off. it's not so noticeable on mine, and i don't see it happening on my power button.

Upvote 0
which one would you guys prefer?
i'm conflicted on which one i want to get.
both seem pretty awesome.
i don't really care about price. i just want great protection

Case Mate Pop! for HTC INspire 4G

Speck CandyShell for HTC Inspire 4G

They are both really awesome. I have had both and in my opinion, they are equal in protection :) They are lined with rubber and don't scratch your phone like a lot of the plastic ones do!

But be careful with the Speck cases, they are pretty hard to remove (must have strong and steady hands!) The case-mate cases are easier to get off and on (if you like to change your battery, etc.) I do currently have a candyshell case on my phone only because case-mate doesn't have one I like yet! Happy shopping!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones