• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

"Spectral Souls - Resurrection of the Ethereal Empires" Tactical RPG

Holy crap, $15. Luckily, I have monies. I will check it out and let everyone know what I think.

EDIT: So far, one of the highest quality games I've ever played on a phone. Animations are fantastic. Just completed the first battle. I love the battle system. This type of RPG works great on the phone as you can take your time planning your actions and don't need to worry about precise actions which can be difficult with touch screens.

The devs definitely put a lot of work into it. I'll continue playing.

Oh, and while it downloads the initial game data, you can watch a game of pong or take over as the left player. I think it's impossible to score though...

Upvote 0
Before I start I seen a post about asking if you can download the 1GB portion using just using 3G. I have a Verizon Wireless Droid 2 and I was able to download it in 35 minutes with just 3G and no wifi.

Now I have been reading the many post here about this game and I must say I am like wow. We really do expect to much as customers. Look when this game came out those that purchased the game paid at least $29.99 if not more and even used it ran at least $15.99 and that was on a hand held. This games was so popular that even today it is very hard to find a copy of it. So that means no one had an issue paying for the game that was one still a mobile game (ex. PSP is a portable device) and then you had to carry a extra device (ex. game on PSP + a cell = more pockets due to two devices). Now we have the options to have the same game yet in a more convenient way (ex. game + cell = one device carried instead of two).

Look don't get me wrong, everyone is entitled to their opinion. However, my question is..... are we really being open-minded about what is being offered here? Come on... in my opinion we are getting a great deal. Yes the other games are less and all, but and the key word is "BUT" this is the real game not a water down copy.. the real deal here. That alone in my book is worth a little more out of my pocket. So I say suck it up drop the $15 bucks and pat yourself on the back for going out on a limb for a great game. Oh and FYI when the more powerful and fully loaded phone that really makes a laptop unnecessary come out just how much do you think they will run. Yep I bet more then $15 bucks... so what will we do then?

Upvote 0
I am glad Hyperdevbox takes the time to answer this forum.

I bought spectral souls for my Epic 4g and the thing just doesn't work, after sending countless emails to info@hyperdevbox.com all they could answer was "we have an epic 4g here with us and it works fine!"

Well I tried every troubleshooting in the book, did everything they told me and the most I could get was the game to run and get me to the next menu but the game never loads and if I quit the game and launch it again it asks me to download the 1gb of data all over again.

When I sent an email to hyperdevbox about this asking for a refund they simply stoped answering my emails... It's been 3 days now and they just don't answer my emails. I hope someone here reads this and doesn't purchase their game because there's a good chance it wont work and you won't see a dime of it back. the market has a 15 minute refund policy but this game asks you to download 1gb of additional data which obviously will take it past the 15 minute mark.

Now that these businessmen, if you can call them that, wont help me. Can anybody here please tell me what I should do to try to make this thing work? should I be on Froyo? Eclaire? what type of file system? Does it even matter?

I hope hyperdevbox reads this.. I want my money back or I'll just keep posting this on the forums, hopefully someone who was planning on purchasing the game wont do it and that way I will screw you out of 15 bucks the way you did me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones