• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Speech-to-Text mass-output

Raff1

Lurker
Aug 22, 2010
I installed some apps yesterday to utilize Speech-to-Text, like "Voice2text" and it worked all right to begin with. Then I downloaded some more apps and suddently every app, even the initial "Voice2text", started to dump all possible combinations of interpretation as a giant string instead of just the closest interpretation. For example if I say "hey" I get this output: "heypayhaypeieee" and if I try "hello there" I get: "hello therehello darepillow dare halo dareilo darepillow therehalo therezillow thereel o there". Its obviously just all possible output strings bluntly put together as a resulting string, rendering the apps totally useless. Googles own voice searc app even has trouble: I now have to chose between all possible interpretations, for example: "test" gives "Did you meen: "test", "####", "tests", "this", "tesla". "

I will try to uninstall all relevant apps and start up anew and see what happens. The first app that mocked up the output was "Voice Recognition Timer".

I wonder if anyone has experienced the same thing, or know how to fix this. I would also like to know if it works seamlessly on your phone. I am using HTC-Desire, Android v 2.2

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones