1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

speedtest.net app server

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by seigex, Jun 10, 2010.

1. seigex

seigex Android Enthusiast

May 20, 2010
    Ok I was getting really weird results from speedtest.net's app... like very erratic between -0 (yes negative 0) and about 400 yesterday and today... so I look and I'm on the Albuquerque, NM server... i go to the server list and linkline in Los Angeles isn't listed.. Albuquerque, NM is 900 miles away, no wonder I'm getting bad speeds.. prior to that I was on Los Angeles and getting 2+ mb/s 3G ... every other server in the list is more than 1000 miles away from mearea)...

When I go to speedtest.net's website Its showing me somewhere in the middle of the country (i'm assuming because of my IP address, which happens to me when I tether including getting the spanish google sometimes)...

Unfortunately there's no other way to specify a location in the speedtest.net app so I can't accurately test my speed :(

Anyone else seeing this?

Advertisement

2. frozndevl

frozndevl Newbie

Jun 3, 2010
    It seems to be eratic, I live up in Seattle and during the day I can get a nearby WA server, but other times I have to go to California.

3. seigex

May 20, 2010
    sigh.. i wish I could get a California server.. I'm not going to get an accurate speed test to Indiana .. oh well guess I'll just have to hit up dslreports.com

4. KoukiFC3S

KoukiFC3S Android Expert

Aug 9, 2009
    CA
    Hmm if I go to settings, I can pick LA as a server.

5. seigex

May 20, 2010
    Wasn't showing in mine.. probably cus it gets a list of whats closes to your ip's location and for some reason every once in a whiel i get an IP from the middle of nowhere... I ended up turning on wifi.. selecting la and turning off wifi to use the LA server

6. Aragorn

Aragorn Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    Yeah, I have this exact same problem. Their IP geolocation feature is messed up on both 3G and 4G. I have to start it on WiFi, get the Seattle server and then turn WiFi off if I want to do any real testing.

Tags: