• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

speedtest.net app server

seigex

Android Enthusiast
May 20, 2010
Ok I was getting really weird results from speedtest.net's app... like very erratic between -0 (yes negative 0) and about 400 yesterday and today... so I look and I'm on the Albuquerque, NM server... i go to the server list and linkline in Los Angeles isn't listed.. Albuquerque, NM is 900 miles away, no wonder I'm getting bad speeds.. prior to that I was on Los Angeles and getting 2+ mb/s 3G ... every other server in the list is more than 1000 miles away from mearea)...

When I go to speedtest.net's website Its showing me somewhere in the middle of the country (i'm assuming because of my IP address, which happens to me when I tether including getting the spanish google sometimes)...

Unfortunately there's no other way to specify a location in the speedtest.net app so I can't accurately test my speed :(

Anyone else seeing this?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones