• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Spell checker on S3

srh11293

Lurker
Jul 7, 2012
Does anyone know how to enable spell checker on S3 when I type my emails? no, not predictive text, just a simple underline and then I tap on the word and see possible options? I send 2 hours on the phone with ATT and with Samsung and they claim it cannot be done. As far as i know, it's a standard feature of the ICS.

Vlad

New galaxy owner here and new to the forums! Quick question.. Is the swiftkey app a replacement for the messaging app? Or just a different keyboard. Of course I haven't downloaded yet so I don't know. But I'll give it a shot when I've got a moment. I've gotten so used to my Iphone doing this for me this is quite a change.!

edit : just downloaded Swiftkey 3. This is just what I needed..!

Upvote 0
Does anyone know how to enable spell checker on S3 when I type my emails? no, not predictive text, just a simple underline and then I tap on the word and see possible options? I send 2 hours on the phone with ATT and with Samsung and they claim it cannot be done. As far as i know, it's a standard feature of the ICS.

Vlad
Have you found a solution to this? Unfortunately all the threads about this issue are hijacked by the freaking Swiftkey enthusiasts... I'm desperate to find a way to turn on the spell checker!

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
I know this isnt a solution sorry but if anyones into flashing custom roms, the aosp ones have spellcheck. I dont think its something a keyboard app can perform tbh.
At first i hated it but now i like it. The suggestions can be pretty crap though.
Its part of stock android and i dont understand why samsung didnt at least make it an option :thinking:
View attachment 60497

Reactions: nuttynat84
Upvote 0
I know this isnt a solution sorry but if anyones into flashing custom roms, the aosp ones have spellcheck. I dont think its something a keyboard app can perform tbh.
At first i hated it but now i like it. The suggestions can be pretty crap though.
Its part of stock android and i dont understand why samsung didnt at least make it an option :thinking:
View attachment 60497

Thanks for the tip! I'm downloading as AOSP one right now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones