• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Sprint Connection Optimizer

Dave Estam

Jan 11, 2016
Samsung S3 mini. Every few days I use to get a message from Sprint to use this Optimizer and accidentally pressed ok a while back and now half the time it keeps disconnecting me from my home wifi, message says "Turned Off" beside my home wifi. It's really annoying, tried deleting and stopping the app but just comes back. Any suggestions please....

Not a fan of Sprint Connection Optimizer. Go into your S3 Mini's Application manager in the Settings menu, find that Sprint Connection Optimizer app, tap on 'Force stop', tap on 'Clear data', and then (depending on which version of Android you're running) tap on 'Turn off' or 'Disable'. Since it's most likely installed by Sprint as a system-level app you won't be able to remove it (unless you're rooted) so at best you just want to disable it from actively running in the background.

Upvote 0
It seriously is a nothing and have shut it off every way I can and it still comes back. It's like the gift that keeps on giving. I'm at a loss for words, my phone acts up every time I open it. It scans continuously and having xfinitywifi in the house locks on it also half way through I'm doing something.
I've had this phone for two years and it worked perfectly.

Upvote 0
I can force stop and clear cashe and it still turns itself back on. I have no other options. If I had a delete i'd even throw it on the floor, but it probably wouldn't help. I'd hate to have to root but I am a control freak so maybe it going to be an option. I don't know what I did to get this pile of horse manure but it's sure was sneaky and for what end I don't know.

Upvote 0
I can force stop and clear cashe and it still turns itself back on. I have no other options. If I had a delete i'd even throw it on the floor, but it probably wouldn't help. I'd hate to have to root but I am a control freak so maybe it going to be an option. I don't know what I did to get this pile of horse manure but it's sure was sneaky and for what end I don't know.

I do know that all devices I Root, I've ripped out the optimizer immediately afterwards

Upvote 0
OK,so your suggesting I root, I think that's the only way!

Therefore I beg the question, what is the friggin thing good for except screwing around with your wifi. It continuously switches between my home wifi and the xfinitywifi channel and flashes notifications that are not there long enough to read.

Also going into the list of wifi channels available, why does it show the device continually keeps scanning for wifi signals when it's already locked on to my home signal?

Upvote 0
OK,so your suggesting I root, I think that's the only way!

Therefore I beg the question, what is the friggin thing good for except screwing around with your wifi. It continuously switches between my home wifi and the xfinitywifi channel and flashes notifications that are not there long enough to read.

Also going into the list of wifi channels available, why does it show the device continually keeps scanning for wifi signals when it's already locked on to my home signal?

Honestly, really and truly? I think it was meant to automatically switch to the strongest signals but I have never had a good experience with it. Ever.. We actually call it the 'Connection UNoptimizer' over here, Lol. It was always ridiculous

Upvote 0
Then I can understand in some circumstances the use of a program like that BUT have it where you can turn if Off. When I doing something I get a message flash saying "unable to access a web page" that must be when it's switching. The strange part is, alot of the time going to the list of channels shows my home channel "Turned Off" I have to manually turn it back on.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones