• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sprint Product Ambassador: Suit UP!

Aar0n_G

Lurker
Sep 18, 2014
The HTC Dot View case looks like just another case, but it comes with a cool trick. The plastic backing offers some protection for the back and corners, but not enough to feel comfortable doing a drop test. The thing that really impresses me is the front cover that interacts with the screen. Unlike other cases with screen covers that interact with the display of the phone this case does not have a plastic window. Instead it has a hundreds of dots giving you a very 8-bit look.

Capture1.JPGCapture2.JPG
The pictures above shows what my case displays when you tap on it twice.

Outside of the clock shown above the display also has a few other functionalities. Some of those include weather / temperature graphics, picture personalization, call and text message notifications. You are also able to pick up calls using a quick gesture. The ability to place calls can be done using HTC voice recognition software or by selecting one of your three previous calls.
Capture3.JPG

Check out the short and sweet video overview from Android Authority.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jngUTRudpss

Overall this case is a really great complement to this great device. Every time I pull it out of my pocket it still impresses everyone I show it to and still even me. Thanks for taking a moment to read my blog. If you have had a chance to check it out let me know what you thought of it or if you have any questions let me know.

Thanks again,
Aaron (Your friendly neighborhood Sprint Product Ambassador)

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices; therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones