• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Sprint silicone case (very nice)

I also picked up one of the silicone cases on Friday. Agreed in that it is very slippery compared to any other silicone case I've ever owned. Mine is very tight though and has no slip at all. I figure it'll rough up a bit with use and that is my only real issue.

Between it and the phantomskinz face protector I feel very comfortable with keeping the evo in my pocket.

Oh, and no lint to speak of here.

Upvote 0
http://myworld.ebay.com/eshop_999/

http://cgi.ebay.com/Black-Silicone-Gel-Skin-Case-Sprint-HTC-Evo-4G-/270589985524?cmd=ViewItem&pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item3f006b82f4

Thanks, might have to check it out. I did buy the Sprint one but it doesn't "hug" the phone as tightly as I had hoped.

Upvote 0
My dad got the Sprint silicone case and we both hate it. It is way too slippery, makes the phone incredibly hard to hold on to, which it was already because it is so wide not to mention the case adds extra width. I just couldn't get over how slippery the case was, reminded me of a wet bar of soap. Even tried washing to case to see if that would help.

reallynotnick - I am so surprised to hear you say this. I bought my silicone case at Sprint and I cant tell you how many times I have fumbled my phone but didnt actually lose it cause of that case. It is the best case I have ever purchased for a phone and I have been using cell phones for over 15 years.

It DOES collect lint but I usually just take it off, rinse the case, shake it off and let it dry for a little bit and it looks brand new. I dont carry my phone in my pocket so maybe that is why it doesn't get real bad for me.

Actually, I would like to get one of the extended batteries for my EVO but I am worried I wont be able to use my case. I could really use the extended battery life, but I dont know if I want to lose my case.

Kim

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones